Challenger 55hp

/ Challenger 55hp #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Sure looks good /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif but I haven't seen or heard of anyone purchasing the Challenger models in my area. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Last edited:
   / Challenger 55hp #2  
Thanks for the pics Thomas, but I thought Cat was getting out of the ag business? I do like that skid steer for sure /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Challenger 55hp
I to thought so /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif but it seems to be a market from the <font color=red>compact<font color=red><font color=black> and up now.

The Challenger has a metal stamp..Made in China..on the transmission.

Last edited:
   / Challenger 55hp #4  
Boy Thomas, that Cat compact sure is a fine looking machine, but I couldn't help notice the rig with the blade sitting behind it. Look straight through the ROPS in your photo /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Challenger 55hp
That would be the big boy's lot /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif and w/9" of new fallen snow here,I'm sure they would have something setting there for one needs. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ Challenger 55hp #6  
It looks like AGCO has taken over the production and marketing of the CAT Callenger line. They are offering a full line up of AG units from compacts thru the big track machines that we can spot from 1000 yds. All under the "Challenger" brand. I hope they maintain the relationships that CAT had for the outsourced parts on the original track models and keep the quality up. The rest of the line looks like AGCO with yellow paint. Check them out at agcocorp.com - products - callenger. Even though it's not American CAT, Fiat knows a thing or two about heavy equipment and they should be solid machines. I just hope there isn't so much corporate "balast" in the deal that they have to cut corners on quality for everyone to get their little piece of the pie on the sales end!

/ Challenger 55hp #7  
I've been looking at AGCO for quite some time. The AGCO ST line and the Challenger compacts are rebadged Iseki and from everything I've heard and read are high quality machines and the fact that they have steel hoods and fenders instead of plastic is just bonus points with me.

/ Challenger 55hp #8  
Agco bought the designs and factory for the large, track, Challengers and a big new dealer network and Cat gets a rebadged ag machinery line. So, when looking for info for Challenger, just figure out which agco machine it is and look that up.

/ Challenger 55hp #9  
If I recall correctly. Agco did buy the designs for the Tracked challengers but Cat still owns the factory and assembles the MT's for Agco. Agco also repainted their implements in Cat colors to give the Cat dealers a complete line of farm equipment to sell. This worked out great for both groups as Agco gets a great tracked machine and the dealers get more sales because of a complete lineup.

/ Challenger 55hp #10  
The last post is close, but Cat no longer owns the plant either. The factory in Dekalb, IL is owned by AGCO, and the employees are paid by AGCO. Cat still makes several of the components that go into the tractors like the tracks, engines, transmissions, cabs, electronics, etc. Those all come from separate facilities owned by Cat. Cat has like a 5 year contract with AGCO to supply these components, after that AGCO is free to do what they will with the tractors.

The Challenger AG equipment is almost identical to AGCO equipment, with different paint, decals, and engines. I would like to see Cat start to sell more engines and components to AGCO for all of their equipment, and I think Cat hopes to too. At this point Cat doesn't have much to do with the Challenger brand, its up to the individual Cat dealers to sign up with AGCO to carry the line, not Caterpillar. Its similar to a Ford dealer signing up with Chrysler to carry the Jeep brand for example. Some dealers are choosing to do that, some are not, its their option.