chains

/ chains #1  

beetgrower

Tractor
Kioti DK5310
Dealer is telling me NOT to put chains on the rear of my DK5310 SE because it will put potentially damaging stress on the machine. I've seen lots of Kobotas, Kiotis with chains. Is this just because mine's a hydrostatic?

/ chains #2  
I believe I would have to ask him why and how? Maybe he can elaborate just a bit on what is his concern with chains.

/ chains #3  
I use chains on my MF1540 HST rear tires. Can't imagine they could cause any more stress than pushing the loader into a pile of dirt or gravel. Never had an issue.

Chains give me peace of mind in that I know when in the middle of heavy blowing snow that at least I don't have to worry about getting stuck.

/ chains #4  
I can't think of any specific reason or justification for your dealer to say that about chains for any tractor, even a hydrostat. Unless he is referring to usage of chains on dry pavement, and that is certainly not a good thing long term for any type of transmission. Please, can your dealer provide specific reasons for his statement.

Last edited:
   / chains #5  
I was going to put chains on my front wheels because they tend to not steer in snow and I can use the chains from the rear of my quad (which doesn't need them here). My neighbor does this and last year he could plow better.

But I'm sick now so it'll have to wait until I recover.

/ chains #6  
I believe I would have to ask him why and how? Maybe he can elaborate just a bit on what is his concern with chains.
and let us know what the reason is. is it the dealer or the manufacturer who is saying this?

/ chains #7  
Sell the tractor if it can’t handle the stress of tire chains.
Sounds like the dealer is saying that if the tractor can actually get traction instead of spinning tires, it will break. Is there another explanation?
Better make sure you never pull or carry anything heavy on dry soil or pavement or that tractor is going to snap.
(sarcasm x3) .
Maybe keep the tractor, but trade dealers?

Last edited:
   / chains #8  
i have a 2010 DK45 cab unit, and when i first purchased it i asked Kioti corporate about chaining up all 4 wheels, and they said no problem. my dealer also said no problem. been doing that for 11 years, no problem.

the DK series is a very stout machine.

/ chains #9  
Chain it up and go, if you have clearance for them.