Snow Attachments Chains VS Tracks for snow blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Chains VS Tracks for snow blowing #1  

Janet

HELP!!! I have a John Deere Skid Steer and I have am a new to snow blowing here in Montana. I was told by the dealer to put carriage bolts in the tracks for better traction and they have either bent (grade 5 bolts) or snapped off (grade 8 bolts) Now I am told to try "grousers". I have chains that came with the skid steer - should I just use those or buy these grouser attackments? I have to plow a mile to my house and it has a slight grade that I keep slipping on in the snow. Any help would be great. Thanks!

/ Chains VS Tracks for snow blowing #2  
Hi Janet and welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is not necessary to post the same question in multiple forums (4) since many TBNer read their brand specific forums (you got that covered by posting in the JD Owning/Operating) and the general forums (you really got that covered by posting in three general forums /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Posting the same question multiple times means you have multiple threads to follow and fellow TBNers who want to help have multiple places to respond.

I have closed three of the threads and left a pointer to the thread that has a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.