Century Engines By Kukje

/ Century Engines By Kukje #21  
EFC,
I concurr. I have the 01 HO Cummins and inside the truck, it is fine. Actually outside too. After flying two years as a Huey crewchief, 17 plus yrs as an owner operator, some Cummins, a few old two cycle Detroits and a bunch of Cat's, the Dodge seems normal to me,, what was that you just said, I couldn't hear you:)

/ Century Engines By Kukje #22  
It's not noise, it's music! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Century Engines By Kukje #23  
It's amazing that Cummins can blow away both Ford/Navistar and GM/Isuzu in light truck diesels and do so poorly in the class 6 and 8 market. Too bad Kubota doesn't make a diesel for any of those markets, I'm sure it would be head and shoulders above everyone else. Maybe we can get a list of "Good stuff according to Daryl" and save the rest of us from tragic mistakes like buying Centurys. Never did hear how spending $10K more for about 3HP gets you "more bang for the buck." /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pacesetter

/ Century Engines By Kukje #24  
Actually, Cummins make one of the best class 8 truck engines. They probably outsell all of the other American truck engine manufacturers in that class. There are many of them on the road and, with proper maintenance and a decent operator, they do often go over a million miles before a major overhaul. I have owned one for 14 years, as well as several other makes, and have only very good things to say about Cummins.

/ Century Engines By Kukje #25  
sideboiler
In regard to the new Kukje engine the model is 3647 it is 47 hp and will replace the 3045. I believe it is the same engine Cummins is selling as the "A" series. But at this point it is not called a Cummins engine. I think it has to do with agreements between Kukje and Cummins. Hopefully some time soon the tractors will say "Powered by Cummins". It will be available soon, possibly but not definitely before Jan 1. There are still 3045s available from dealers and the Yanmar is second to none.
Hope that helps and Good luck.
Chipperman

Hope that helps.
Chipperman

/ Century Engines By Kukje #26  
DavesTractor
What can you tell us about Branson and the new engines?
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Century Engines By Kukje #27  
5030 said:
Cummins can't build a good class 8 diesel truck engine and they can't meet emission standards for 2005, so I hope for your sake that their CUT engine is better. They can't even build a good class 6 engine. The blocks are splitting in some motorhome chassis. I not so fondly remember my either happy 855 formula engine. Below 50 degrees, it took about 1/2 can of either to get it started.

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

This makes interesting reading. With Cummins market share growth, with EPA compliant engines, in the last couple of years, I would have to say that the writer of the above quote got it exactly wrong. It was CAT that could not meet emmision standards. IN fact CAT had to pay large fines with every HD on road engine they sold, in 2004. Fast forward to 07, new emission limites, and Cummins has announced EPA approval and emission compliance for their 07 engines. CAT, rumor has it, is not quite ready for 07. Let's see what happens in the next 2 years.

/ Century Engines By Kukje #28  
So, 5 1/2 years after the main discussion on this.
What happened ?
Which models got which engines & when ?

More importantly, how can one tell by raising the hood and reading the numbers & letters off an engine block casting ?
Can it be decoded from the serial number ?

The reason I ask is that I have the shop manual and I'm trying to help someone who is a long way away.
I want to NOT send copies of the pages for the wrong engine and the shop manual doesn't indicate which engine went in which models when.
It has sections for the Mitsubishi and Yanmar engines, which is probably FINE if you have it right there in front of you.

/ Century Engines By Kukje #29  
:laughing:
Do you guys drive sitting on the hood or with your head sticking out the window? Inside the cab of my 2001 dodge is no louder than any other vehicle but it will drag everything else on the road sideways. When did men become so sensitive about loud noises..... Next thing you know they will make quiet rifles for hunting.

/ Century Engines By Kukje #30  
I NEED A HEAD FOR A 2028 CENTURY TRACTOR , IF ANYONE COULD HELP. THANKS BILL