Century drivetrain vibrations?

/ Century drivetrain vibrations? #1  

yellowlt1

Hello everyone, new to the forum here. I can't find a lot of info on century tractors by googling, so I thought I would throw this out there. Does anyone know if there is any history of tranny/drivetrain input bearings failing on these? I have a 2004 Century 3040. I have maintained this tractor since new and do the usual stuff, landscaping etc., and I finish mow about 8 acres. 325 hours on it. Lately when running the PTO at 540 RPM, with the engine at about 2500, I have noticed a vibration in the frame, accompanied by a harmonic pulsing noise similar to when a wheel bearing goes in a car. It has been getting worse. It is present any time the clutch is released, even in neutral when the RPMS are up. It seems to go away with the clutch in. Is there any main trans or input bearings in these that are prone to go bad? Maybe a dealer or two could chime in here as to any possible TSB's or anything of that nature. If it is something like this I feel it needs to be addressed before further damage occurs. Thanks in advance.

/ Century drivetrain vibrations? #2  
Hello everyone, new to the forum here. I can't find a lot of info on century tractors by googling, so I thought I would throw this out there. Does anyone know if there is any history of tranny/drivetrain input bearings failing on these? I have a 2004 Century 3040. I have maintained this tractor since new and do the usual stuff, landscaping etc., and I finish mow about 8 acres. 325 hours on it. Lately when running the PTO at 540 RPM, with the engine at about 2500, I have noticed a vibration in the frame, accompanied by a harmonic pulsing noise similar to when a wheel bearing goes in a car. It has been getting worse. It is present any time the clutch is released, even in neutral when the RPMS are up. It seems to go away with the clutch in. Is there any main trans or input bearings in these that are prone to go bad? Maybe a dealer or two could chime in here as to any possible TSB's or anything of that nature. If it is something like this I feel it needs to be addressed before further damage occurs. Thanks in advance.
This is a long shot, not sure if you're on this forum still. You mention that you've had you're Century 3040 since new, would you happen to have the original manuals for it, if so, would you be willing to share them? I'm finding that many are saying that the Branson 2040 & the 4220 are the same but to me they don't match up?? Thanks

/ Century drivetrain vibrations? #3  
This is a long shot, not sure if you're on this forum still. You mention that you've had you're Century 3040 since new, would you happen to have the original manuals for it, if so, would you be willing to share them? I'm finding that many are saying that the Branson 2040 & the 4220 are the same but to me they don't match up?? Thanks
just bit of info for you, your century 3040 is equivalent to the branson 4020 not the 4220, this is a common misconception point because of how they named the models at the time, but you will find the 4020 will be a match for your century and there should be info stickied to the top of the forums about manuals for your model.

But just incase you cant find it here are the links

4020.pdf - part book

10-20 Series service manual.pdf - chassis manual

3T series engine.pdf - engine manual for 3t90L series engine

A series engine.pdf - a series engine manual ( yours will probably have the 3t90L model but some did have the A series engine)