Century 2535

/ Century 2535 #1  

splitrail

I have several questions to begin with. How much should I expect to pay for a C50 front end loader with 72" bucket? Also is a 72" bucket to wide for the 2535? I have a quote for the new tractor and an additional quote of $3,326 for the loader. I would like to see how much others have paid for the loader and bucket. Also I am undecided at to whether or not to get the industrial tires. Is there much noticeable traction loss compared to the ag tire? Would the industrial resist briar thorns better? Thanks.

/ Century 2535 #2  
If your getting a C50 at that price I would jump on it. It is either a steal or its factored in somewhere else. A 72" is not too large for that machine but a 67" Bucket is more than adaquite with R4 tires. As for the tire type, for mud and snow Ag's are the best for traction, R4's are a good happy medium

/ Century 2535 #3  
I got r-4s on my 3045 and am very happy with them. I do alot of fel work and feel that they will hold up to the fel work better than ags. But in mud and slippery clay they don't have the traction that ags do. I have some wet spots in my felds and when I am plowing I notice the difference but not enough to bother. If you are only doing field work and working in mud go ags other wise r-4s are a good compromise
leaddog

/ Century 2535 #4  
I like the width and sidewall strength of the R4s, plus I think I am lower to the ground and with my hills , find that to be a help. In wet clay mud however, the lugs fill quickly and do not clean out. Unless you are a contractor and have to work in some not so ideal conditions....most of us should not be messing around in the mud anyway. Do something else and wait for better conditions. I use chains on my front R4s in the snow...and they work great.

pete

/ Century 2535 #5  
Ditto to what leaddog and pete said about traction and R4s.
I had my 3045 with R4s stuck a couple of times this past weekend on some soft hills and had to pull it out with my old Ford 2000 2wd with ags /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
R4s, though are otherwise great, and I do like the extra width and lower stance they offer.
As far as turf damage with the ags, my 2wd tractor does do some damage to my fields, but I was told that ags with 4wd don't damage the turf as much (a Zetor dealer told me this, and also said that most Zetors come with ags only). Does this sound right to anybody else, or is this a "black pearl" of wisdom? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
eric

/ Century 2535
This is a great forum for the inexperienced compact tractor owner. I really appreciate the response from all of you who gave me some incite to my questions. My brother and I are going to get the 2535 with C50 and R4's. We feel confident about our decision now that we have priced all types of compacts and from reading what users such as yourselves have to say about the Century product. They appear to be to be a tough tractor. I will probably be chatting with you all later and hopefully post some pics. Thanks , you all have been great with your responses.

/ Century 2535 #7  
While reviewing this thread, I realized that nobody has welcomed you yet! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

HEY, WELCOME TO TBN!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I'll ask my question.

I'm always interested in finding out why someone has decided on a particular brand of tractor without having compared other brands. Please don't take this wrong. I think Centuries are VERY good tractors. I have a dealer within a 1 hour drive, and he will definitely be on my short list when I'm ready to buy. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But nowhere did I see you mention that you and your brother had "shopped around". With so many good machines out there to choose from, I would always encourage someone to look at other brands, if for no other reason than to quantify their first choice. But you might be passing up even a better deal with a different brand. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now if you did shop around, maybe you could tell us what it is that sold you on a Century. We're also always ready to hear about that, too! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Century 2535
Hi Golfgar4,
Thank you for the welcome. I must say when I posted and got the responses, I considered that a welcome also. We did price the Kubota, Kioti and Century from other dealers. We live in a small town and the only compact dealer other than JD (way to pricey) is a Zetor/Century dealer. The only other deal that was even close was a Kioti DK35 and loader. It was about $800 more and the dealer was 250 miles away. The local Century dealer has an excellent reputation for all the products he sells (quality products) and repair work. This is a number one factor that I think anyone should consider when spending this kind of money. Besides the great price I think we will be happy with the product after reading all the responses I have seen on the web from Century owners. Thanks again.

/ Century 2535 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The local Century dealer has an excellent reputation for all the products he sells (quality products) and repair work. This is a number one factor that I think anyone should consider when spending this kind of money. )</font>

I, and I think most others here, agree with that statement. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad to hear that you did take the time to check things out. That'll just mean that everytime you climb on your 2535, you won't be thinking about some of the other tractors you didn't research. And all of your reasons are good, solid reasons for making the selection that you've made.

So when do you think you'll be getting it? We need to know when to start looking for the pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Century 2535
Provided we can meet with the dealer tomorrow and give him the required 20% down , we should have them in 1 to 2 weeks. I will try to remember to get the pics and post them before I start playing with the new toy. I might be like the cowboy with the new horse and after I get on I won't want to get off. Ha.