Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
Tore it apart today to replace the head gasket and there are 4 cracks in the head. Anyone know of a source for a new head?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #2  
well while i don't know of any other place than branson to get a head for that model these will at least help you on your journey to finding the correct one, here is the original part #HRR220C001A9 and the substitute PART # EA00004862A hopefully using these you made at least be able to find one.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
Thank you. I called a big Branson Deater in GA to order parts. They called Branson and were told that Branson can no longer get a head and parts for Century 2535. I am in disbelief that this can be possible. Anyone have any suggestions? As it sits I now have a paperweight if I can’t get a new head. Can I source a different motor that would fit in that tractor?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #4  
Tractor data say its a Kukje, who is now owned by tym, so maybe start with a TYM dealer, and then a regional rep on some help. Maybe they can find one in Korea and throw it in a parts shipment.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #5  
Depending on where and how bad the cracks are, it is possible to have it welded. I know that when I was in the Phoenix area, there was a place that did very good block and head welding. Might check in with some independent truck repair shops that have been around for a number of years.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #6  
Not sure how accurate it is, but I recently heard that the EPA is cracking down on repair parts for older engines that would not pass current emission standards.
Might be the case here?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #7  
Kukje A1700A2 3-cyl mechanical injected diesel is the only current one they have in production. It might be close enough? Here are some parts numbers and design changes done from 2004 forward https://engineprofessional.com/TB/TB020118-2.pdf

EPA can't crack down on demanding older engines pass emissions of TODAY if they were sold before TODAY's emissions era was in effect.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #8  
Kukje A1700A2 3-cyl mechanical injected diesel is the only current one they have in production. It might be close enough? Here are some parts numbers and design changes done from 2004 forward https://engineprofessional.com/TB/TB020118-2.pdf

EPA can't crack down on demanding older engines pass emissions of TODAY if they were sold before TODAY's emissions era was in effect.
I'm 95% sure that the Century 2535 uses the Kukje 3T90L-ATC engine, which was their own engine that Kukje made before the Cummins deal. So I don't thing anything from the newer A series engines will work on that 3T90L engine.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #9  
I'm 95% sure that the Century 2535 uses the Kukje 3T90L-ATC engine, which was their own engine that Kukje made before the Cummins deal. So I don't thing anything from the newer A series engines will work on that 3T90L engine.
I'm sure you're right, 3T90L seems to refer to a Yanmar design? But it is hardly any info on the web on these engines.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #10  
I'm sure you're right, 3T90L seems to refer to a Yanmar design? But it is hardly any info on the web on these engines.
Yeah, I saw some Yanmar related stuff too. I know Kukje also had a deal with Yanmar back in the day to make tractors for them. Just not sure what exactly it translates to in terms of engines.

From Tractor Fandom: " In 1980, Kukje signed a technological agreement with Yanmar of Japan."

Here is one of these tractors. Very similar to the Yanmar AF400.

244840797_1735437859993872_121225298794459368_n.jpg