Cell Phone Outage Today

/ Cell Phone Outage Today #41  
I DO NOT take the cell phone with me when leaving the house.
I do. As I mentioned before, it enables me to listen to a decent radio station. Today I was out cutting poplar and got to thinking about what I'd do if something went wrong. I carry blot clot powder and a tourniquet in my chaps, but it still would make for a long crawl to the house. Tomorrow I will have my phone.

I've been dealing with the cell phone hatred for nearly 30 years and have never understood it. On more than one occasion I've been pulled over on the side of the road or in a parking spot and had people blowing their horns and giving me 1 finger waves... not good when you are talking to a client. I haven't seen that as often lately, but 20 years ago it was a common occurance.

/ Cell Phone Outage Today #42  
I recieved this email from AT&T this AM;

As a valued customer, your connection matters, and we’re committed to doing better. To help make it right, you’ll automatically receive an account credit
I doubt it will be much as I only lost service for a few hours.

/ Cell Phone Outage Today #43  
My business would not survive without cell phones. It's how I communicate with customers. I don't have someone in an office to answer a phone. I use it for a lot more than phone calls. I check weather, do lots of texting, emails, navigation, shopping, etc.

One thing we notice is that farther east you go in the country the more common it is to have rural cell phone service. A few years ago traveling east of the Mississippi we even had cell coverage on the interstate highways. But cell phone coverage and the new culture that comes with it is not common everywhere. In the Western US we do have coverage in cities and suburbs... and anywhere that is line of sight to a city. Not much rural coverage, and none in broken or mountainous country.

I've wondered how much of the divisiveness in the country is driven by cell phone connectivity and the whole social cell phone culture.
rScotty

/ Cell Phone Outage Today #45  
The cell phone outage was a non-event around here. Nobody missed what they've never had.
We heard about it online and on TV news.