CCM Toplink

/ CCM Toplink #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Can the check valve on the CCM toplink be rotated 90*? Also they seem to like paint. Should I do anything to free up the ball joints on the ends?

/ CCM Toplink #2  
Yes, you can flip, twist, turn, and rotate the check valve any way you want. As far as the paint, when you hook it up and use it, the paint will flake off of the ball ends. I wouldn't worry about it.

Joe

/ CCM Toplink #3  
Yup I had to switch mine around and turn it to the side, as I crushed it against the PBY bracket the first time I lifted it :( I felt so stupid but they assured me I wasn't the first to make that discovery. straightened the tubes out leak free, but ordered the replacement tubes,flares and fitting just to have them anyway.

I was worried about the sticky ball joints but CCM told me they will free up with use and not to grease them as it will attract dirt and sand causing premature/excessive wear. So I wiped all the grease off :eek:

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN3268.JPG
    DSCN3268.JPG
    987.5 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN3300.jpg
    DSCN3300.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 320
   / CCM Toplink #4  
JB's mishap was what led me to raising mine very slowly the first time. Sure enough it would have hit the "top link catch" and bent something. I ended up rototing mine 90 degrees to get it to clear everything.

/ CCM Toplink #5  
How about turning the cylinder 180 degrees so that the check valve is on the bottom of the cylinder. The picture on CCM's website shows it installed like that. Not sure if there are any clearance issues on the bottom.

/ CCM Toplink #6  
How about turning the cylinder 180 degrees so that the check valve is on the bottom of the cylinder. The picture on CCM's website shows it installed like that. Not sure if there are any clearance issues on the bottom.
That's a good idea but you still have to check the clearances.
Also, watch where the down pointing hoses hang because the could get hooked or rub on something. I prefer my hoses going up, out of the way. Sometimes it takes angling the DPOCV just right before tightening the compression fittings back up.

/ CCM Toplink #7  

I put my HTL together this weekend from Surplus Center parts. Everything looked good except I forgot to check clearance with my rear rake on at full up. Well, looked back after 15 minutes of use to see a hose dangling loose. Seems at full up, the 90* elbow closest to the tractor contacted the top of the top link bracket - sheared the swivel fitting right off. I was able to get the threads out and it looks like there's no damage to the cylinder. So, today I bought a new fitting locally and I'm going to do the 180* thingy. I already checked the cylinder clearance and it looks good. I won't know about any hose routing issues until I hook it back up.

A word to the wise for any BX owner using a surplus center hydraulic top link - the fixed end swivel eye is really tight to the cylinder body and can cause some interference issues. I'll post pic's once I take the time to down load them off my camera.