CCM Hydraulic Toplink

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #1  

dfeck

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Hi,

I'm going to be ordering a hydraulic toplink from Mark Carter at CCM and need some suggestions. My current toplink measures 19" closed and 30" opened. What toplink would you guys recommend. (btw - I have a JD4310)

18" closed, 26.5" opened

or

21" closed, 32" opened

Thanks,
Doug

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #2  
dfeck said:
Hi,

I'm going to be ordering a hydraulic toplink from Mark Carter at CCM and need some suggestions. My current toplink measures 19" closed and 30" opened. What toplink would you guys recommend. (btw - I have a JD4310)

18" closed, 26.5" opened

or

21" closed, 32" opened

Thanks,
Doug

I would order the 21" closed and the 32" opened. A top link that is short makes for a long day. The closed length of 21" will not affect the use of implements. A top link that is too short will.

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #3  
The long one. If you get Pats QD it will not hurt

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #4  
Measure your length of toplink where you use it now for most implements-especially with a rear blade. If it is toward the retracted end, go with shorter hydraulic toplink. If near the longer/extened end, go with the longer hydraulic. For me, it is very rare that I want a long extended hydraulic toplink. I can't even think of a time when I needed it fully extended. Often I wish my hydraulic toplink was a little shorter. Occassionally, when loading onto trailer with implement on 3 pt or when using some of my blades, I need even a shorter length. I could see a longer length more useful with a Pat's QD set up, but not with an I-match, Spee-co or HF quick hitch.

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #5  
radman1 said:
Measure your length of toplink where you use it now for most implements-especially with a rear blade. If it is toward the retracted end, go with shorter hydraulic toplink. If near the longer/extened end, go with the longer hydraulic. For me, it is very rare that I want a long extended hydraulic toplink. I can't even think of a time when I needed it fully extended. Often I wish my hydraulic toplink was a little shorter. Occassionally, when loading onto trailer with implement on 3 pt or when using some of my blades, I need even a shorter length. I could see a longer length more useful with a Pat's QD set up, but not with an I-match, Spee-co or HF quick hitch.

I agree with this. That's why I had to build my own cylinder, to get the shorter retracted length. Have had mine for several years and have never had need to extend the link fully, always use the short side for all of my adjustments and to load/unload with implements on.

/ CCM Hydraulic Toplink #6  
I needed the longer one for my TC40DA. Works great.