CBP tractors

/ CBP tractors #31  
FWIW: this has apparently caused CBP to update their website with additional info about the warrantee. It was interesting to see "No warrantee on implements". /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Also,the pricing seems to have gone up. I agree with Mark, that there are US crate dealers that will give you much better service at a close to CBP price.

/ CBP tractors #32  
This is a little bit off topic. I have been thinking about importing a container of those 4-wheelers from CBP and selling them one by one. Has anyone ever imported anything other than tractors from these guys and what was your experience? Are these 4-wheelers likely to have the same quality/missing/broken parts problems as the tractors?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 283013-ATV2.gif
    283013-ATV2.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 168
   / CBP tractors #33  
CBP sells the gammet, trinkets to submarines. They do not make anything. The different ATVs are made at different factories, just like tractors. Any issue with missing or damaged parts, is going to be more an issue with the particular factory/ATV than the broker.

I have no direct experience with the ATVs, but would assume some issues, unless you get direct feedback from someone that has had a load or two delivered. So, make sure you ask the questions, and have a resonable idea of what getting parts out of china will take. Cycle times could be more or less than a tractor part. Also, should be somewhat cheaper and easier due to smaller weight and size. While I have seen a couple of sellers on the net, I suspect retail parts stateside are harder to come by than Jinma parts.

If you are looking for a less risky purchase, talk to Puma Machinery or Tractor Outlet. I think they are selling ATVs via crate, but should have stateside tech support and parts. There might not be links on their websites, so might have to call or email.

/ CBP tractors #34  
"If you are looking for a less risky purchase, talk to Puma Machinery or Tractor Outlet. I think they are selling ATVs via crate, but should have stateside tech support and parts. There might not be links on their websites, so might have to call or email."

Thanks John, I'll give one of these guys a call and see what I can work out. Maybe I can just buy 1/2 dozen or so to start and see how it works out.

/ CBP tractors #35  
I think Steve Puma might be your best bet, because he is much closer, Long Island NY. He posted on CTOA that he has an order of 200 on the way, with 100 presold. Don't know if it is the same manufacturer that you are looking at. Good Luck.

/ CBP tractors #36  
OK, I have a question. How do you get around using a broker? I've looked at some importer sites and have seen where at least one company said they don't use brokers but handle it themselves. It wasn't a tractor company. Do you dealers have to use a broker too or deal directly with a company. Let's say, A broker wants to sell me a container of 16 tractors. Now, for me to sell them wouldn't i have to have the companies permission and get set up as a dealer? One broker gave me a price that said CIF to my closest port. Does that mean he's taking care of the paper work and all the legal stuff or would i still have to do all the legwork? They give you good prices as long as you don't get suprised and end up paying 2 or 3 times that amount when it's all said and done.
Thank you for your responses. I'm just kind of feeling the waters right now, but might try to purchase something in the spring. I want to get my Ts all crossed first. I really enjoy the insight on this forum, especially from the dealers perspective. I appreciate your honesty and telling what you have to go thru sometimes. I think anytime you're dealing with products from the other side of the world that a lot can happen between here and there. It would be wise to get all the advice you can get from others who have been there and done it.

/ CBP tractors #37  
To import/export I don't think you can.

/ CBP tractors #38  
I think i'm confusing brokers and importers. Is there a difference and which one is the lesser of two evils.

/ CBP tractors #39  
No, you don't have to use a customs broker, but you would have to do all the paperwork yourself. Most people will use a customs broker for their first shipment. Most likely, the CIF price you have been quoted, does not include all the paperwork and legal stuff. One area you need to research and understand how to fill out, is the EPA paperwork. Its not as easy as it once was.

An export broker is just handling the paperwork on the the other side. He places the order with the factory, and arranges shipping and transportation to US port. If you are going to make a large order, say 100 tractors, you probably would want to deal with factory directly. The factory doesn't care what you do with the tractors.