Cat pic(s)

/ Cat pic(s) #281  
Shaved the cat today...

My wife has this cat, lucy, a long hair rag doll who she overfeeds. Lucy is a bit on the pudgy side now, and had matting on her sides, back, stomach and neck. She would brush her but brushing a cat against their will is not recommended. So she made an appointment with the groomer, then just before the appointment, she died suddenly.

So my wife is stressing about the cat and she looks to me. So I get on them innernets and start googling about, and learn how to become an amateur cat groomer. I picked up a shaver that was highly recommended. First I tried in the dining room, and the cat was not having it and disappeared to the basement for 2 weeks.

So tonight she was out and about so i grabbed her and the shaver and went to the bathroom. I started on the body/back, then worked my way to the stomach, neck, and eventually *******. Do you know how much fun it is to shave a cat's *******? Not very, but it has it's moments.

By the time I got done the body, the cat had mostly given up to her fate about trying to run away, which made things easier. Also, the shaver is extremely safe and very hard to nick the skin, I tried on my forearm first to see what it would take. I have to admit, I'm impressed. And I was using that battery powered shaver for a solid hour before it eventually got weak and started to slow down.

This is the shaver I used: Amazon.com

I''ve seen people with worse haircuts. At least the mats are gone.

RmHrLPp.jpg

/ Cat pic(s) #282  
Shaved the cat today...

My wife has this cat, lucy, a long hair rag doll who she overfeeds. Lucy is a bit on the pudgy side now, and had matting on her sides, back, stomach and neck. She would brush her but brushing a cat against their will is not recommended. So she made an appointment with the groomer, then just before the appointment, she died suddenly.

So my wife is stressing about the cat and she looks to me. So I get on them innernets and start googling about, and learn how to become an amateur cat groomer. I picked up a shaver that was highly recommended. First I tried in the dining room, and the cat was not having it and disappeared to the basement for 2 weeks.

So tonight she was out and about so i grabbed her and the shaver and went to the bathroom. I started on the body/back, then worked my way to the stomach, neck, and eventually *******. Do you know how much fun it is to shave a cat's *******? Not very, but it has it's moments.

By the time I got done the body, the cat had mostly given up to her fate about trying to run away, which made things easier. Also, the shaver is extremely safe and very hard to nick the skin, I tried on my forearm first to see what it would take. I have to admit, I'm impressed. And I was using that battery powered shaver for a solid hour before it eventually got weak and started to slow down.

This is the shaver I used: Amazon.com

I''ve seen people with worse haircuts. At least the mats are gone.

RmHrLPp.jpg
Well Jay… first of all, I’m very sorry to hear about your pet groomer passing away. I hope she is with Jesus. ✝️

As for Lucy, it does appear based on the look of her face that she has already seen herself in the mirror.

The ‘work of art’ hair cut you did on your wife’s cat is stunning sir. I’m sure it will give both you and your bride many hours of laughter. With a few more YouTube video views I’m sure you could turn this new hobby into a profitable profession. 😉 Well done! (y)

/ Cat pic(s) #283  
I posted this photo in the Dog Pictures thread some time ago before there was a Cat Pictures thread.
My wife’s cat Tarzana was so curious to watch me load bandoliers with birdshot, she climbed right into the middle of everything. For a moment I thought about her being a good hunting cat but realized she doesnt weigh much more than a duck.
I decorated the guest bedroom dresser mirror with 2 bandoliers on each corner. Gives the room an old time western look.
1712635505604.jpeg

/ Cat pic(s) #284  
Once she calms down a bit I'll get her and clean her up and even things out. An hour locked in there was a long time, I didn't want to keep her there any longer.

/ Cat pic(s) #285  
Once she calms down a bit I'll get her and clean her up and even things out. An hour locked in there was a long time, I didn't want to keep her there any longer.
Tarzanna and Snowball get this ‘Lion cut’ every summer. I think it really looks cool. It also helps them stay cool in the summer heat. This is an example of the style.
Lucy is almost there. :)
1712636205977.png

/ Cat pic(s) #286  
Tarzanna and Snowball get this ‘Lion cut’ every summer. I think it really looks cool. It also helps them stay cool in the summer heat. This is an example of the style.
Lucy is almost there. :)
View attachment 861450
Good look. Lucy's had that before, but a dragon cut. The lady would put dragon scales down the middle of the back. I think there's a picture of it a few pages back.

/ Cat pic(s) #287  
So she made an appointment with the groomer, then just before the appointment, she died suddenly.
I was VERY confused and anxious when I read this sentence...

I didn't know if it was your wife, the cat or the groomer! :oops:

/ Cat pic(s) #288  
   / Cat pic(s) #289  
I was VERY confused and anxious when I read this sentence...

I didn't know if it was your wife, the cat or the groomer! :oops:
Confused me too. I had to re-read and think about it for a minute.