Cat pic(s)

/ Cat pic(s) #161  
Cats can make you feel bad when they don’t get what they want.
Certainly can be a pest when they want attention. We've got one now that will sit next to you and keep touching your arm or face until you give in & pat it. Always seems to be at the least convenient time.

/ Cat pic(s) #162  
Certainly can be a pest when they want attention. We've got one now that will sit next to you and keep touching your arm or face until you give in & pat it. Always seems to be at the least convenient time.

Yep.

Our baby has a cold, is sneezing and runny nose. Took to vet this morning and his lungs are fine.

He is walking around the house slowly with his “poor me” meow.

Can’t help but pick him up and give him a belly rub.

/ Cat pic(s) #163  
This is Duck. She almost refuses to drink water any other way.
20240205_060420.jpgScreenshot_20240214_122335_Gallery.jpg

/ Cat pic(s) #164  
This is Duck. She almost refuses to drink water any other way.
View attachment 852287View attachment 852288

Cats love running water to drink. Ours wants the faucet running lightly to drink. He also seems to want us to watch him drink.

However, he absolutely refused to drink from one of those machines that circulates the same water like a fountain.

Reinforces the saying “cats have servants rather than owners”.

/ Cat pic(s) #166  
Percy would climb inside and lick the inside of the grocery bags (t-shirt bags).
He also would not eat unless someone was close by and watching him.
Wanted to have fresh water or ice cubes to lick. Could not put the ice in the water he would splash in it till cube was on floor then lick it while pushing it around the floor.

/ Cat pic(s) #168  
I had a Savannah cat that would only drink if the water was running...ended up buying her a water bowl with a fountain feature. She loved to bring the water to her mouth with her paw.

/ Cat pic(s) #169  
Percy would climb inside and lick the inside of the grocery bags (t-shirt bags).
He also would not eat unless someone was close by and watching him.
Wanted to have fresh water or ice cubes to lick. Could not put the ice in the water he would splash in it till cube was on floor then lick it while pushing it around the floor.

Our cat also wants someone to watch while he eats.

I was told this is an instinct from when cats were wild and eating was when they were most vulnerable to attack.

I cannot image our cat as wild.

Last edited:
   / Cat pic(s) #170  
I have a 2 feral cats. One hides 99% of the time. Stealing cat food and water I put out daily at night. The other resides in the barn preferring the overhead 2x6 walkways and loft areas. Sleeping in the cat boxes and blankets I put on top of the 6' tall shelves. She shows up when I call for the AM feeding making biscuits when I'm bringing food but forbids me to touch her. It's been 4 yrs of this behavior. I just accept the no contact rule and appreciate the rodent duty they have do, having eliminated the unwanted critters that used to eat our car wiring harnesses and build nests in idle equipment. :mad:
Feral cats are trapped by the ASPCA. Neutered, vaccinated, chipped and ear tipped for easy ID. My cost is just dry cat food and treats.
We took 4 to get 2 that stayed. They said 50% success was typical. I'd do it again if needed. Otherwise these cats have a very low chance of survival.😿