Comparison Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?
If you're really our friend you'll take pictures.
Darn i wish id have seen this before i went. Lol all i have is the speed sticker from the window. But i dont do all my work in km/h. Went to the dealer and tested the Deutz out and loved most everything about it. The area in the cab around the buddy seat was pretty cramped and the door doesn't open near as far as any other tractor I've been in. I went to the case dealer immediately after and was more impressed with the Deutz comparing side by side that way.

Attachments

• 20220628_170948.jpg
    20220628_170948.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • 20220628_180124.jpg
    20220628_180124.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
   / Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #22  
Darn i wish id have seen this before i went. Lol all i have is the speed sticker from the window. But i dont do all my work in km/h. Went to the dealer and tested the Deutz out and loved most everything about it. The area in the cab around the buddy seat was pretty cramped and the door doesn't open near as far as any other tractor I've been in. I went to the case dealer immediately after and was more impressed with the Deutz comparing side by side that way.
I forgot to mention this on my previous post. European tractors tend to be a little bit on the tight side for the operator area. People like/need the tractors to be very compact so compromises had to be made.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #23  
Hello, I have driven deutz in the larger hp. Check the a/c is up to the job. The older models were not. Some people tinted the windows to reduce the heat problem.
Gear box, what type? Can anyone hop on and go or do they need instruction?
Rear SCV: recomend you get 3 pairs to future proof.
Is the 3ph control intuative? Some models have a dial control not a lever type and are a pain to get familier with.
My bosses deutz is 16 years old and NO trim buzzesor rattles, and that includes a sunroof shroud which is impressive.
So food for thought. Good Luck

Hello, I have driven deutz in the larger hp. Check the a/c is up to the job. The older models were not. Some people tinted the windows to reduce the heat problem.
Gear box, what type? Can anyone hop on and go or do they need instruction?
Rear SCV: recomend you get 3 pairs to future proof.
Is the 3ph control intuative? Some models have a dial control not a lever type and are a pain to get familier with.
My bosses deutz is 16 years old and NO trim buzzesor rattles, and that includes a sunroof shroud which is impressive.
So food for thought. Good Luck
We only have gear tractors on our farm so anyone here can drive it. AC seemed great i turned it down because I was more listening to the noise levels in the cab but it stayed cool enough. Comes with 3 standard remotes. 3 point is just like we are used to. The control is a little lower than id prefer beside the seat but not detrimental. One benefit of the case was the extending link arms on the 3pt, and the ground control to lift and lower. Buddy seat area was a little more cramped when i sat on the Deutz, yet the operator seat felt fine space wise without a buddy rider. Sure itll be fine with my 2 year old riding along. But as a trade off just about everything else seems better on the Deutz than the comparable Case 75A. With a ball cap my head is an inch from the roof on the Case. So i suppose with my cowboy hat id be hitting the roof. The case comes in 2nd for me.

Last edited:
   / Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #25  
Did the Deutz have a loader installed when you looked at it? Where was the loader joystick mounted? I found some pictures where the joystick was mounted on the side of the dash.
I found out Deutz has manufacturing facilities in Europe and Asia. Would be interesting what's on the ID plate.

Did the Deutz have a loader installed when you looked at it? Where was the loader joystick mounted? I found some pictures where the joystick was mounted on the side of the dash.
I found out Deutz has manufacturing facilities in Europe and Asia. Would be interesting what's on the ID plate.
It is next to the dash. Theres a little lever you twist to release it and it moves back towards you far enough to hit the gear selector. I found it comfortable locked in about 4 inches above the gear selector. We will likely have it within 3 weeks he said. Ill take it out in the woods with the chainsaw and test it out and take pics of everything then.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #28  
,5080d looks like a nice machine. Seems a lot less $ than the Case

,5080d looks like a nice machine. Seems a lot less $ than the Case
The 5080d is about 4k more off the lot in my area. But considering its got radials, tires filled, block heater, fenders, and a few other nice things i can justify the difference.