Comparison Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #11  
You need to understand one significant difference between farming in the US compared to Europe. At least where I came from, a 75 HP tractor was the main tractor on the farm, doing all the heavy work. In North America, it's called a utility tractor, doing lighter jobs.

The Deutz will last you a long time. Because they have to where they come from and they always did. I don't wanna say that IHC or CNH were all bad in the past but they seem to struggle. Both brands are now owned by Italian companies. CNH is owned by Fiat and Deutz is owned by Same.

There are some topics here about Case where parts availability is a problem. Having tractors seized in the dealership for months.

If I'd have to choose, I'd go straight Deutz without a second thought.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #12  
I had a 2020 55A Cab purchased new. In that tractor we had 1) seat alarm issues 2) bad loader hyd couplers 3) front alignment issues 4) steering valve full replace. I had 225hrs when sold.

My uncles 2020 65A has had only one issue, but its been major and a giant pain in the ass causing visits nearly every month. The serpentine belt squeals and then snaps. Its happened probably 6-8 times. He's got 200hrs.

My 2022 75A with 15hrs has had a 1) blown radiator hose 2) Front alignment issues 3) Steering noise and leak in cab 4) loader curl drops visibly with load.

I like the tractor very much, it just has quality issues. The overall build quality "FEELS" great, but little bullcrap is the death of this machine. If they cant fix my new tractor to my liking I will be swapping to another brand unfortunately.
Yikes.
75C was my second choice if for some reason the LS wasn't going to come through.
Now, not sure if your problems translate from A model to the C model also, but doesn't give me a good feeling about the brand in general.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?
You need to understand one significant difference between farming in the US compared to Europe. At least where I came from, a 75 HP tractor was the main tractor on the farm, doing all the heavy work. In North America, it's called a utility tractor, doing lighter jobs.

The Deutz will last you a long time. Because they have to where they come from and they always did. I don't wanna say that IHC or CNH were all bad in the past but they seem to struggle. Both brands are now owned by Italian companies. CNH is owned by Fiat and Deutz is owned by Same.

There are some topics here about Case where parts availability is a problem. Having tractors seized in the dealership for months.

If I'd have to choose, I'd go straight Deutz without a second thought.
Thanks for the response. That is kind of where i am leaning right now especially with some of what I've read about new case tractors. Got hay done yesterday and a free schedule tomorrow so I should be able to get into the Deutz dealer. Looking forward to operating one finally.

This will be a do everything tractor whether its my 3 bottom, disk and cultipacker, or hay work in the field. To loader work finishing our mile long lane to the back of our property. Gonna need it to stand up to everything and i think it should.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #14  
That's it's habitat. 3 bottom plow all day long. Could possibly even handle 4 but you need weight the front down.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #15  
Yikes.
75C was my second choice if for some reason the LS wasn't going to come through.
Now, not sure if your problems translate from A model to the C model also, but doesn't give me a good feeling about the brand in general.
C series is good to go but much more expensive. It’s a different class of tractor than the A.

Jotted down a side by side comparison of the two tractors not figuring dealer network or price and there are big positives and negatives each way. This only makes the decision tougher. Waiting for a trade in quote from the Case dealer and selling my kubota L2501 this weekend. Hope to figure out soon what i am going to buy.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #17  
Thanks for the response. That is kind of where i am leaning right now especially with some of what I've read about new case tractors. Got hay done yesterday and a free schedule tomorrow so I should be able to get into the Deutz dealer. Looking forward to operating one finally.

This will be a do everything tractor whether its my 3 bottom, disk and cultipacker, or hay work in the field. To loader work finishing our mile long lane to the back of our property. Gonna need it to stand up to everything and i think it should.

The local CaseIH dealer sells quite a few Farmall 75As, in fact most of the new tractors on the lot are 75As, either cab/MFWD or open station/MFWD. This is a very popular size around here to pull hay rakes, tedders, and to feed round bales as it is large enough to do that but small enough to avoid DEF. It is also a good size for a tractor to run a small square baler for the handful of people who run them. I sat on an open station 75A once and it seemed like a decent tractor. I ended up with a 5075E Deere which is its direct competitor from the green team, and do most of the same things you do. It is a very good size for those tasks as long as your hay equipment isn't a big disc mower conditioner, a round baler with a precutter, or a large square baler.

That's it's habitat. 3 bottom plow all day long. Could possibly even handle 4 but you need weight the front down.

Unless the soil is really heavy clay, it should be able to handle a 4x14 if not a 4x16.

The local CaseIH dealer sells quite a few Farmall 75As, in fact most of the new tractors on the lot are 75As, either cab/MFWD or open station/MFWD. This is a very popular size around here to pull hay rakes, tedders, and to feed round bales as it is large enough to do that but small enough to avoid DEF. It is also a good size for a tractor to run a small square baler for the handful of people who run them. I sat on an open station 75A once and it seemed like a decent tractor. I ended up with a 5075E Deere which is its direct competitor from the green team, and do most of the same things you do. It is a very good size for those tasks as long as your hay equipment isn't a big disc mower conditioner, a round baler with a precutter, or a large square baler.

Unless the soil is really heavy clay, it should be able to handle a 4x14 if not a 4x16.
Our soil is fairly heavy clay. I have about a 3 day window to work it where its not too wet not too dry. That said ive pulled a 3x16 with my 50A in our back field which is a little more loamy and it was able to handle it pretty well. I do sell a ton of small squares of horse hay off the field. Using a 4x4 round baler the 50A did it with ease so id guess a 4x5 shouldn't bother the 75A or Deutz at all.

Deutz dealer called and said they finally got the 5080D in and its already spoken for. But hes going to let me drive it tonight. Excited to finally get in a smaller model than the 5120G premium. That was an exceptional tractor to me but way more than I need or can justify on these 60 acres. Will be waiting another 3 weeks he said for the next one to come in if I like it.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #20  
Deutz dealer called and said they finally got the 5080D in and its already spoken for. But hes going to let me drive it tonight. Excited to finally get in a smaller model than the 5120G premium. That was an exceptional tractor to me but way more than I need or can justify on these 60 acres. Will be waiting another 3 weeks he said for the next one to come in if I like it.

If you're really our friend you'll take pictures.