Case IH 585 wireing diagram

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram #1  

tdf4golf

Tractor
Case 585
Hi,
I've got a Case 585 that had a short that burned the wireing. I'm looking for a diagram of the wireing so I can rewrite it. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Tony

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Try asking this in either (or both) the Case-IH forum or the Parts/Repairs forum. So few folks read the Introductions section you probably have a better chance of recieving help in the other sections.

Ken

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram #5  
Need a bit more info about the tractor??

Does it have a cab .? If so which type, "L" or "XL" or is it open with a "ROPS" frame as wiring between types varies??

Presume it's a Diesel engine, not gas??

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram
Hi,

No cab, open with ROPS.
Yes Diesel.

The short took out most of the wireing behind the dash. It didn't do any other damage other then wires.

Any info would be wonderful.

Thanks

Tony

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram #7  
Not sure how similar the wiring is between your 585 and to my 574. I have an old dia for mine but what was actually there Vs what is suppose to be there as per manual is quite different as previous owners have made many changes, (with various results). Under my dash is a real snake's wedding and I will need to re-do the entire lot if I want it to look like the dia.

I feel your pain!
I thought I may be able to trace each wire and match them up, but I gave that thought up early. You describe it as a snakes wedding is a perfect description.
Good luck!

If you have a copy of your diagram to email me, I'll show it to my buddy to see if that can help him. He's a retired electrical engineer.

/ Case IH 585 wireing diagram #10  
Regrettably the 574 harness diagram is no match for the later 585.