Case-IH 265 offset gr

/ Case-IH 265 offset gr #1  

slingworks

Tractor
Zetor 5211 Ford 5000
I've recently acquired a Case 265 offset tractor.
It's the standard height 265, not the extra high version. I'd say similar to a Farmall 140.

Does anyone know what cultivators fit this tractor? I would like to cultivate sweet corn/vegtables of various types with it.
Is it compatible in any way with the older farmall cultivators such as what went on the Super A or 140? I am looking for the belly mount type.

What about other non row crop attachments? Can this machine handle a small square baler or 2-14 plow? bushog or small tiller?

Last edited:
   / Case-IH 265 offset gr #2  
I've recently acquired a Case 265 offset tractor.
It's the standard height 265, not the extra high version. I'd say similar to a Farmall 140.

Does anyone know what cultivators fit this tractor? I would like to cultivate sweet corn/vegtables of various types with it.
Is it compatible in any way with the older farmall cultivators such as what went on the Super A or 140? I am looking for the belly mount type.

What about other non row crop attachments? Can this machine handle a small square baler or 2-14 plow? bushog or small tiller?
Post on redpower, if you have not already done so, a few posters there use offsets. Seems to me the Mitsubishi built 265 didn't share anything with the 274 or 140, 130, SA, A etc.

Should handle the other stuff, double check if IPTO, I know the 274 was trans drive which made PTO stuff harder to use plus the PTO is off set compared to the 3pt linkage so you might have to consider that as well.

/ Case-IH 265 offset gr
Thanks for the reply Farmer495. I am looking to use it as a cultivator, but could be an odd job here or there. Never been on RedPower, I might have to check that out.

/ Case-IH 265 offset gr #4  
Call these guy's, they are in the heart of cultivating country. BURCH STORE TRACTORS-VINTAGE SALVAGE YARD,NEW AND USED,TRACTOR PARTS They could tell probably tell you if a set off a 100-140 will fit, at least the front. Being it has 3 pt. hitch, a simple 2" X 2" tool bar with shanks & sweeps could be made up, to strike out the rear wheel tracks, if you wanted that. But cultivators are getting hard to come by, with up and coming market gardeners, and can be pricey. A couple good places to look would be on Craigslist, or, if you're on FaceBook, check the FB Marketplace. It seems to be getting more popular than Craigslist. There's also a good chance you may find a set in a salvage yard. I'm thinking a set on a Super A, through 140 would be the same.

I lucked out, and got a set with my 140 I bought several years ago. Had thought of selling them, until recently. Now in the process of mounting them on my newer purchase, the 130 for wide row applications, potatoes, tomatoes, and cabbage.

They did make Fast Hitch 2-14's for the 100-140's, so they are capable, but it better be sandier ground. 2-12's would probably work better. And you better have at least rear wheel weights, front weight wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'd say you'd have the horsepower to run a small baler. But weight of the tractor, plus the offset PTO is what I would question. More so the offset PTO. The lift arm looks pretty close to be inline with the PTO, and could get into the driveline. There is the option of on with its own power unit, but they are usually pretty heavy, and more suited for a larger tractor, such as the old Farmall H.

/ Case-IH 265 offset gr
Thanks for the reply DJ54.

I actually have a 2-14 plow and heavy 6' (Notched) disc for a 140.....Shame (in a way) the Case 265 cant take them. I put them on Facebook a couple days ago for sale as I don't need them....

I think the 265 cultivator looks similar, but I have no way to tell other than to buy a set and see if I can fit them up. Something tells me they might be close but not quite? A metric/SAE complex...?

I have a Zetor I can use for disc work or plowing/baling, etc I guess..But new tractor=new projects.

Last edited: