case 485 - little to no hydraulics

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #11  
When priority valve is stuck the steering will work ok at lou rpm s and good at hi rpm s but allels will not work well. So ....check priority valve first.

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics
We removed and cleaned the valve. No change. At this point we are thinking it is very low hydro fluid. It took 3 gal. My gut tells me it will take 5 more. Is there a dipstick for the hydro fluid or do you fill till visible?

Thanks

Sean

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #14  
Hello! DLTTrekkers I think you might be able to help me. I have a 1995 Case 3220 which has the same hydraulic system as this tractor. A few months ago it had a problem in the hydraulic pump and a "supposed" tractor mechanic got it repaired with new seals (I actually don't think they sell repair kits for these hydraulic pumps,but ...). After that the tractor worked fine for about 5 minutes and almost lost its hydraulic function. Now the mechanic won't assume the errors and says that the problem is on some other valve and not on the pump. So I'm here to ask you, if the steering or hydraulics only work when the engine is at half throttle could it be any valve? I know that the flow divider is assembled in the right way. But I'm not sure about the pilot relief. I once tried to remove it and it got stuck so I just inserted it back. Is there any problem with that?
Besides that, the tractor lost lots of hydraulic strenght, as it can't lift a full trailer of dirt. And I must mention that sometimes the PTO is on even with the lever on the off position.
Thanks in advance, and I apologise to the original author of this post.

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #15  
All should work at idle asswell . Check iff priority valve is stuck? Must be free ! Pilot pressure valve is sealed in casing with a o-ring . Check iff that o-ring is in its place ? Pilot pressure valve is a pre-set and can not be adjusted." pilot relief. I once tried to remove it and it got stuck so I just inserted it back. Is there any problem with that?" O-ring in housing ! Just pull on it to remove that valve and clean that filter .
PTO
PTO is supplied by oil returning from the steering

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #16  
1465326285540.jpg1465326310748.jpg1465326331596.jpg

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #18  
Thanks for the fast answer. In your opinion it's a valve that is causing this huge mess? When you refer to priority valve are you talking about the flow divider? If you are, is there any special metod to insert it? I think that the piston goes in first and then the spring and that's all. I still need to check on the pilot relief and then I'll report. I just think that it is quite odd that the PTO starts sometimes when the lever is on the off position.
Thanks, again.

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics
I'll recap what ive done to date since it seems like there is now 2 threads.

Neighbor has Case 485 FEL fails to lift/curl, 3pt fails to lift
Power steering works at low high rpm
Rear PTO works and when was engaged caused 3pt arms to drop.

Hydro fluid is full
Priority valve was removed cleaned and reinstalled, was clean, no difference.
Tractor only has 650 hours!!

It seems like it is a valve related issue but not sure where to look next.

Thoughts on next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sean

/ case 485 - little to no hydraulics #20  
If all do not help... drain oil and remove hydraulic filter and then MCV and then remove pump from MCV taking care to check o-rings. Then split plate from MCV and inspect gasket (should be a reinforsd gasket) and a green teflon washer. Then strip MCV and clean all ports and channels.Some scraped old gasket could be bolcking a channel . Iwill post a pic on the next post