Case 480F Brake issue

/ Case 480F Brake issue #1  

480Fman

Tractor
Case 480F
Been working on my 480F and ended up tearing out the floor to get at the brake lines. One on the left side was rusted and leaking. The floor was also in rough shape so i cut out all the old rusted spots and replaced with new metal and painted. Now back to the brake lines. I got the old one out along with the Rubber hose going to the Slave cylinder. I did away with the rubber hose and replaced it with a steel line all the way back. My question is 1, do you need that hose for a reason or is running a steel line all the way back ok? Question 2 is, will the brakes pump up while the tractor is not running or do you have to run the tractor to bleed the brakes?

/ Case 480F Brake issue #2  
Your 480F brakes are a different animal compared to my 480C's brakes. It appears the slave cylinder on yours looks to be stationary, held in place by clips. Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for Transaxle, differential brake actuator | Case CE | MyCNHi US Store

The slave cylinder on my 480C is mounted on the brake actuating lever, and there is some movement there, requiring the rubber hose. Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for Differential brake lever and lock, transaxle | Case CE | MyCNHi US Store

Looking at the parts schematic, the hose for both have the same part number. I suspect the one on yours is more for a vibration dampener, than anything. I will say there are a lot more options for new one's, than there was 10 years ago, when I replaced mine. Case Brake Hose (From Slave Cylinder to Steel Line) --D66741 Guess it would be up to you to decide if it's worth another $80, or so, to maybe prevent a possible brake failure in the future.