Case 450B Transmission Hydraulic Valves Stuck

/ Case 450B Transmission Hydraulic Valves Stuck #1  

gryyde84

Tractor
YM 1700
Hello this is a newly acquired basket case dozer that has sat for 10 years or more. It has a lot of potential and I've already gotten it to start and run great. the previous owner stated that he stopped using due to it losing pushing power after a few hours of use. he stated that if he let it set for 30 min-hour that it would work okay. He ended up getting a newer dozer so this one sat. I noticed that the transmission lever wouldn't move and even attempted to push valves on hydraulic controller. I want to know if I would cause damage by applying additional pressure to valves to free them up or is there a better way to free them. I also confirmed that the suction screen hose underneath the dozer needs replacing and has a small leak. This was more than likely the reason he had problems when he used it. this dozer has had a new undercarriage put in at some point and appears to be better than 80%. So as I stated there is a lot of potential for this old girl and I suspect very little is needed to have it pushing it's little heart out again.