Case 301F Dozer

/ Case 301F Dozer #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
My Case 310F Dozer runs great. When backing up I can feel a very slight backlash takeup in the gear box/final drive. The dozer steers fine, and I rebuilt one loose final drive over 20 years ago. I removed the lower bearing cover, and felt a tiny amount of play, along the shaft's length by pulling and pushing on it. I removed the bearing and inspected it. It looks fine, just about new. Reassembled, and sealed. I was considering going through the transmission and replacing any worn gears, bearings, and installing a new ring and pinion if needed. I have found several distributers on the web that sell aftermarket transmission parts. They aren't cheap by no means, but less than buying from the case dealer. Has anyone had any experience with these aftermarket gears, and bearing sets. The two sites I found are Gulf South Equipment, in Alabama, and the other is Equipment Parts Source, out in Casper, WY. Thanks for the replys, IH3444 <font color="green"> </font>

/ Case 301F Dozer #2  
Some of them are used by the manufacturers but here are many of them out there that are still good. You might try at the dealer first, then use that as a comparison. Ask your dealer if there is an alternate source at a lower cost that he knows of. Some dealers offer parts specials.