Price Check case 245 pricing, any ideas on value?

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value? #1  

pauld

found a case 245 for sale with a woods 1009 FEL.
3 cyl diesel, 35 hp, 2wd, ROPS, 600 hours, turf tires, Live PTO, glo-plugs.
Appears to be in pretty good shape, one owner.
asking $6,500, will go $6,000

I can't find any pricing on these models, does pricie seem in-line?

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value? #2  
First of all, I wouldn't want a two wheel drive of that size with a FEL. You'll find that without the powered front end in soft soil, your tractor will bog down.
The only Case 245 that I know anything about was an 18HP model that sold from around '86 to the early '90s, so I'm not familiar with that model, but if you want a more trouble free experience with FEL, don't buy this one. It's not a bad price for a good 35HP tractor. Key word, GOOD. But I would have to wonder how good the front end still is after it's laboriously hauled around a front end loader with no front wheel assist. John

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value?
That was my big concern! 2WD... I really need 4WD. Thanks for the tip, I had a hunch there was something iffy about a FEL on a 2WD machine!

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That was my big concern! 2WD... I really need 4WD. Thanks for the tip, I had a hunch there was something iffy about a FEL on a 2WD machine! )</font>
Well, I know there are plenty of people who put FELs on 2WD, but unless it's a really large tractor with plenty of power, my opinion is that it's just too much on the front end as I said. You'll also probably find that selling it later, if needed, will increase your chances of a good sale later with 4WD. John

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value?
Hey KiotiJohn, how do you like the ck20? I was actually looking at that model myself. Do you do any tilling? I want to till about two acres for grass. What do you really like about it, what don't you care for?

/ case 245 pricing, any ideas on value? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey KiotiJohn, how do you like the ck20? I was actually looking at that model myself. Do you do any tilling? I want to till about two acres for grass. What do you really like about it, what don't you care for? )</font>
I love my CK20. It does nearly anything I've needed to do:
Pulling out small trees, bushhogging, boxblading, landscape raking, bachhoeing etc.
There are times when I could use more power, but most owners find that to be the case unless they have huge HP tractors.
The CK20 is very easy to use with well laid out controls. I have the loader and backhoe as well as many add on implements, and I'm very satisfied, especially for what I paid of the whole setup $16,681 for the tractor, loader, backhoe, boxblade and cutter. That's between $2000 and $3500 difference between Kubota and Deere offerings in the class when I was looking. John
EDIT: I haven't used a tiller on mine yet, I've been planning to get one for a while now. Just need the extra money! John