CarryAll for Firewood

/ CarryAll for Firewood #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Attached is a picture of moving firewood into the garage earlier today. The new I-match has proven real handy for this, setting off the ballast box, picking up the empty carry-all, loading the firewood, backing the carry-all into the garage (close to the wood-fired boiler and the Defiant wood stove), setting it off, and back out to pick up the ballast box. Makes about a 20 minute job out of it. Managed to beat the snow/sleet storm going on right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 232485-WoodLoadc.JPG
    232485-WoodLoadc.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,305
   / CarryAll for Firewood #2  
Beenthere,

I liked the pic. Is that somethine you made or did JD have that as an option?

I haul alot of salt bags around and use my bucket, but I think I could move a lot more bags with your attachment.

Also what part of the Midwest are you from. We are experiencing a good storm right now but I am ticked because all of the snow went north and south of us. We only got the stupid ice. Took my tractor out to take the 1/2" of snow we did get and ended up sliding down the driveway sideways. In 4 wheel and ended up locking my differential in on the fly and alls I heard was a loud clank. Seems to be ok but you never know if I damaged something? Have to learn to only use it when not slipping. I might have to invest in some good chains, concrete hill and ice don't go together.

I live in Rochester, Minnesota

Murph

/ CarryAll for Firewood #3  
thcri... Here is another version of a carry all. I bought the frame from TSC (I think it cost $89.. not sure). I made the bottom and back out of 2X6s and a 2X10. Sides and back are white pine slats on regular 2X4 posts. The 2X4s are held in place by stake pockets purchased at TSC.

It took one afternoon to build.

John

Attachments

• 232528-Carry all.jpg
    232528-Carry all.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 752
   / CarryAll for Firewood
This was a purchase years ago from TSC or Central Tractor, similar type store. I also added the wood and a removable "tail-gate". Recently modified it to fit the Deere I-Match, which made it so much more versatile for setting a load of wood off in the garage, reducing one more time of picking wood up and re-stacking it.

Attached a pic showing as much of the carry-all as possible with the wood still on it.

Attachments

• 232546-CarryAll.jpg
    232546-CarryAll.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 647
   / CarryAll for Firewood #5  
Wood boiler eh??? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif How about a few pictures. Would like to see your setup.

/ CarryAll for Firewood #6  
what is the email or web site address for TSC or the others that sell just the frame for $89? I'm up for building on similar to this-and Thanks !! Lloyd /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ CarryAll for Firewood #7  
<font color="blue">( what is the email or web site address for TSC or the others that sell just the frame for $89? I'm up for building on similar to this-and Thanks !! Lloyd /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

Tractor Supply Co.

This should get you to TSC...

Bill

PS...this is weird...I edited the post and now it turned red for some reason... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ CarryAll for Firewood
Re: CarryAll for Firewood (wood-fired boiler)

I will take some pics (recharging the batteries now) and post one of the set-up I have fabricated from a commercial boiler, I believe in 1980, or there abouts. <font color="red"> To respect the intent of the moderators of TBN, I will post further on this subject under CountryByNet. </font> Maybe under "rural living" Wood fired boiler. I'm not sure why they are referred to as boilers, as we stop short of heating the water past boiling, but wood-fired hot water heater doesn't seem to identify what the system is either.

/ CarryAll for Firewood #9  
Re: CarryAll for Firewood (wood-fired boiler)

<font color="red"> To respect the intent of the moderators of TBN, I will post further on this subject under CountryByNet. </font>

That's too bad. I never take the time to visit that site. I find it hard to believe anyone would be that picky. I've seen hundreds of only slightly related or completely unrelated, and often very personal threads here and no one seems to care. Can't it just go under Rural Living if your not comfortable with it here? Moderators, any comments???

/ CarryAll for Firewood #10  
The price is lower than I thought, the carryall is $74 at TSC. One of the posts above provided the URL.

Here is the product number and description.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Angle steel frame. Pre-drilled holes, platform ready. Category one hitch. Lift capacity 1,000 lbs. #2128210 )</font>

John