Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!!

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #1  

Phantese

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4210SE HC Cab
I blew a 60A slow blow fuse on my DK4210SE, embarrassingly I cannot pull the fuse out of the fuse box. I tried for almost an hour to pry it out, wiggle it out, pull it out etc. It will wiggle like it's ready to come out but I cannot get it to pull out I eventually pulled the yellow casing out and the stabs are still in there (came right out of the casing). I don't see any nuts holding them in, it's on the right hand side closest to the loader arm (there is another yellow slow blow fuse beside this housing). The housing holds 2 60A fuses, all I think of is the fuse stabs have "welded" themselves to their female holder. Anyone else removed one of there? I think I'm going to have to solder in a different type of 60A fuse cause this is ridiculous. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230623_204401.jpg
    20230623_204401.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230623_223937.jpg
    20230623_223937.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • 20230623_210904.jpg
    20230623_210904.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 101
   / Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #2  
It depends on how original you want to keep things. If you have indeed welded things together it may be possible to get replacement sockets for your fuse box. You will not be likely to get them from Kioti but Kioti doesn't make the fuse box. The internal parts will be standard. I got spares to add circuits to my Kubota fuse box.

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #3  
I've had those type of high amp fuses blow in vehicles, and they are mounted from underneath with screws. You'll probably have to disassemble the fuse block to get to the screws.
If the link works, forward to :59 and you'll what I mean.

Patrick

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #4  
I blew a 60A slow blow fuse on my DK4210SE, embarrassingly I cannot pull the fuse out of the fuse box. I tried for almost an hour to pry it out, wiggle it out, pull it out etc. It will wiggle like it's ready to come out but I cannot get it to pull out I eventually pulled the yellow casing out and the stabs are still in there (came right out of the casing). I don't see any nuts holding them in, it's on the right hand side closest to the loader arm (there is another yellow slow blow fuse beside this housing). The housing holds 2 60A fuses, all I think of is the fuse stabs have "welded" themselves to their female holder. Anyone else removed one of there? I think I'm going to have to solder in a different type of 60A fuse cause this is ridiculous. Suggestions?
I can't see what type of fuse you have but some of those are held in with a "bolt" that goes thru a hole in the bottom of each fuse leg. It sounds like that's what is going on for you because the other style that just pushes in, shouldn't have the amount of resistance that you are describing.

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #5  
I can't see what type of fuse you have but some of those are held in with a "bolt" that goes thru a hole in the bottom of each fuse leg. It sounds like that's what is going on for you because the other style that just pushes in, shouldn't have the amount of resistance that you are describing.
Is this the type of bolt in fuse that is being described?

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #6  

Attachments

• elec028_1-min_1.jpg
    elec028_1-min_1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 68
   / Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #8  
That's the one I was trying to explain. In the link I posted, you can see it and the bolts in the fuse box. It is not easily accessed. PITA!

Patrick

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!!
Thanks for your replies, as I was farting around with it again today I accidently hit the bottom on the fuse box, and it snapped open, from the side (eventually the box opened 3 ways... revealing the screws to take the fuse out, it was hidden and not visible at all pure accident, but thank you all!

/ Can't Pull out 60A Fuse!!! #10  
Thanks for your replies, as I was farting around with it again today I accidently hit the bottom on the fuse box, and it snapped open, from the side (eventually the box opened 3 ways... revealing the screws to take the fuse out, it was hidden and not visible at all pure accident, but thank you all!
Yep, the first time I personally encountered one of those myself, I struggled with it a long time before I discovered that it was bolted in!