Can't make up my mind...

/ Can't make up my mind... #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Can\'t make up my mind...

Can't decide on whether to get a JD x-485 or a Kubota B-1500 for mowing and sweeping . I work for the phone company and am doing all of their yard work after hours. Have a few small sites to do by push mower, but also have a pole yard, garage and general office with big lawns and paved driveways that need to be swept. Will get a 54" deck and a 51" sweeper. What do you think? Price is a little cheaper from the JD dealer that I have known for 15+ years. I have never dealt with any of the three Kubota dealers around. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Can't make up my mind... #2  
Re: Can\'t make up my mind...

Don't know which of the two you mentioned would be best, but if you would consider a ztr type mower, I think they would be best for a 'pole yard' & mowing around lots of stuff. You can mow so much quicker with one, and they are priced in the same ballpark as the mowers your mentioned.

/ Can't make up my mind... #3  
Re: Can\'t make up my mind...

A ZTR would be a good mowing machine, but seeing as he said he needed a sweeper, a ZTR may not be the best route. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would say to go with the dealer you are most comfortable with. In this case, one you have known for over 15 years. Both are good machines. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif