Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now?

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #43  
What the heck is a 'Steel Premium' anyway?
Most/many suppliers are adding a surcharge to their products to cover the extreme volatility of the materials right now. It's easier for them to do this as a temporary adder too adjust the pricing without affecting their product price. I bought some custom made copper air coils and the pricing was quoted as good for 24 hours, then after that, surcharge / adjustment would be added or subtracted depending on exchange rates and copper spot pricing.

Last edited:
   / Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #44  
I finally have the money to buy my tractor but, it has gone up $8K and does NOT INCLUDE an 11% steel premium from Kubota. I apparently can't order until Feb/March of next year and the earliest delivery date would be Jan 2023! The price today if I could order would be $72K plus 11% for the steel premium.
I forgot to add, I sure don't know what options you got on yours but mine was under $67k with 24 speed tranny, loader, and 3rd function, then minus $5k for cash deal and was a tad less than 62K out the door. This was only a week or two before you quoted yours. Mine will not have self leveling bucket and will only have steel wheels though. I talked to him just a few minutes ago and he said their still taking orders on all tractors and are getting shipments in here and there. He has gotten in several M5's since he ordered mine but they were the more common 8 and 12 speeds. He told me in advance the 24 speed was considered a special build and would take longer.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #45  
Good luck to all potential buyers. Strange times.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #46  
6 months waiting and still no eta or build date....

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #47  
You've got me worried. I signed the papers on a M5-111 a few weeks back. Then there was no problem. Emailed my dealer this morning. Got a response from him that the order went through okay, but he will check with his contact to make sure. May need to investigate alternatives.
I see that yours came in by your signature. I ordered my M5-111 Cab tractor on 9-9-21 and still waiting. They blown past 2 delivery dates Jan 22, and Jun 22. Very little information being provided. Now, I did order mine with the 24 speed so that may be an issue. I see 8 speeds coming in around here pretty regular.

How long did yours end up taking?

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #48  
To the OP, first, stay away from SSQA in that Hp/weight range. It will not hold up. Some dealers don't even provide that option over 70 Hp. Look into Global Carrier.
You are on the right path. JD 5 series and Kubota M4 are a tad too small.
I am fortunate enough that my wife forced me to buy a 6430 Premium. I like it but at the same time I keep on having the feeling that I'm overpowered. That led me to look into the M4 last year. But no matter what kind of weights I tried to add, it seemed alway to be on the tip of it's toes.
I'm not baling myself but hauling about 80 bales for myself and a bit more than that for a friend. Reaching up with a 5x6 bale to the top of the hay trailer should theoretically be possible. The same applies if you stack them in a 3-2-1 configuration.
20210715_163324.jpg

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #49  
I see that yours came in by your signature. I ordered my M5-111 Cab tractor on 9-9-21 and still waiting. They blown past 2 delivery dates Jan 22, and Jun 22. Very little information being provided. Now, I did order mine with the 24 speed so that may be an issue. I see 8 speeds coming in around here pretty regular.

How long did yours end up taking?

Ordered in September, at dealer in early December, sat in it and paid for it December 28. Didn’t arrive at my place until sometime in March due to my not wanting it delivered on salty roads. Have 80 hours on it now and it meets expectations. I miss the hydro of the L6060 I traded and the CVT of my M7.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #50  
Mine was rescheduled for June 22. then in July they rescheduled for 2-2023. I raised cain and the dealership finally found one that was 8 days old and I got it early July. Yippie, I think I like it so far but fit and finish isn't near as good as my M7040 was. Cheap thin plastic, rivet nuts that fall out, and just cheap feeling. The good thing is, lots of power and very quiet.