Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #1  

CLeslie

Tractor
John Deere
I just got this tractor. I had no trouble opening the hood, but now I don't see how to make it stay closed. I don't think anything is broken; I think there is probably some little trick I just don't know about.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #2  
You really need to pay attention to the latch on the hood itself, and the tractor to make sure they are lined up. That's what I realized I was doing anyways.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #3  
I just got this tractor. I had no trouble opening the hood, but now I don't see how to make it stay closed. I don't think anything is broken; I think there is probably some little trick I just don't know about.
Also, make sure the latch isn't in the 'closed and locked' position.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #4  
I can’t close mine unless I am on the right side (side with the hood release pin). No matter how hard I try I just can’t get it to line up from the left side or front. From the right - no problem.

And don’t slam or force it; lower it to about 2-4” high then close firmly but don’t slam (or close from fully open) or you’ll really bend the latch.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #5  
Yes you have to hold your mouth just right to get it closed. I agree with Beeenvenue you can only get it closed from the latch side and slamming does not work. There is too much flex in the hood the harder you push the more it flexes. Try to push straight down firmly.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor
I haven't been back here in awhile, and I see some more helpful tips. Thanks to everybody that posted.

Last summer I pretty much made friends with the hood and its latch, but a couple days ago I was unable to open the hood. It's winter. I thought something was probably frozen. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized the thing to do was to start up the tractor and use it for awhile to get everything warm. That did the trick. After using the tractor for about an hour and a half, I was able to open the hood no problem.

/ Cannot close the hood on my Kioti CK3510SE HST tractor #7  
The latch is a little on the flimsy side, and is easy bent. Lubing it up really well helps immensely though.

It tends to freeze up with the fine snow from a front snowblower too.

Had to use a salamander a couple of times to melt the ice off mine to get it to release.