Dealer Canadian Kioti dealers

/ Canadian Kioti dealers #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
Anybody out there a Canuck Kioti dealer? My dealer is very worried about the slumping Canadian $ and the impact it is having on his ability to order equipment for resale because he has to pay US$. He says he has always used the "price and warranty and quality" argument to sell tractors vs Kubota but now, if things don't change he will not have any price advantage.

This came up when I was talking to him about the new RTV. He's worried it won't be priced in the market but has yet to really know.

Any thoughts? I would assume this condition exists for many brands of tractor, not just Kioti.

/ Canadian Kioti dealers #2  
He says he has always used the "price and warranty and quality" argument to sell tractors vs Kubota but now, if things don't change he will not have any price advantage.

Aren't the Canadian Kubota dealers in the same situation?

/ Canadian Kioti dealers #3  
Since the Canadian dollar went up to $1.10 US last year and everyone complained, a lot of prices became more inline with $US prices, maybe not where we would like to see them but closer than they used to be with vehicles (tractors included). I know that Kubotas prices have really came a lot closer to Kiotis than they used to be, especially in the last year from what I have seen.

Steve

/ Canadian Kioti dealers #4  
I know that Kubotas prices have really came a lot closer to Kiotis than they used to be, especially in the last year from what I have seen.

Steve
I wonder if Kubota's prices are down due to Kioti cutting into their sales rather than the exchange rate. I know Kioti is cutting into my local Kubota dealers enough so that if you mention Kioti the owner gets a bit venomous and any meaningful discussion is over. :(

/ Canadian Kioti dealers
Talked to my dealer last night. The EXACT same tractor that I bought in December for $28k (all in) would be $40,400 today. YIKES.

/ Canadian Kioti dealers #6  
Talked to my dealer last night. The EXACT same tractor that I bought in December for $28k (all in) would be $40,400 today. YIKES.

I got DK75 priced recently: 55-58K
DK90 was 65K ish or something silly like that. Both with loaders and cabs.

M7040, M8540 are 46-49K cash
5083E - 50K, 5093E - 53K financed at 0%

all with loaders and cabs.

All I can say: "Good Luck" to all our Canadian Kioti dealers :)