can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #?

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I'm trying to order a replacement tail lamp assembly for a 2007 ( 10/2006 ) GMC Sierra 2500 HD truck, and need the trim subtype before i can match up the tail lamp assembly online in many parts stores, or even amazon. So far i can find nothing on the truck ( Classis SL, SLT, WT, etc.. etc.. ) to id it. Will the VIN tell me.

The lamp assembly i *THINK* it is, for a rear , passanger side assy is: Depo 335-1901R-ASD , but a TYC 11-5185-90 looks the same to me as well, just looking at online pics.

Any ideas?

thanks

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #? #2  
I can remember from long ago when the VIN would tell, but I don't know if that's still the case or not. I would suspect that it is. Perhaps this website might help; no guarantees.:D

GMC VIN Decoder | My VIN Decoder

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #? #3  
If you can get me the first 10 of the vin i can try to help you,
(if Bird's link doesn't)
either post or PM me

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #?
checking now

i'm doubting that check vin site. the engine it returns a is suspect, and it is iding as 2 door, and they are 4 door.

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #? #6  
Anything on the build tag in the glovebox?

Aaron Z

got that pic this morning.

gbpic.jpg

that's the best focus / closest pic i can get, does that help anybody? i'm not sure which would be a trim code, or how to decode.

/ can you tell the truck subtype trim package from the vin #? #9  
Why not go to the dealer.Get the correct part number, then shop around for the best price.