Can you live without a TV ?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #81  
Don't need a TV... There is a lot of life to live and valuable things to do

/ Can you live without a TV ? #82  
We noticed a huge amount of advertisements the other night when we were streaming from Amazon Prime. We had not seen this before but we usually are watching Britbox over Amazon Prime. We should have been watching content from Britbox but maybe we did not. To say the advertisements were a PITA is an understatement. They popped up often, went on forever and were really disruptive.

On a trip a year or so ago, we noticed the cable channels really fire hosed the commercials for quite some time and frequently. It was really disruptive. Our over the air TV channels have a "normal" amount of adverts but we only watch what used to be called Independent channels. We have not watched anything on ABC, CBS, or NBC in decades so I don't know what happens on those channels.

We do watch quite a bit of YouTube and the number of advertisements and frequency is usually acceptable. Some channels can be a bit much.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #83  
I still have one, but it hasn't been turned on in close to 10 years. Well, maybe for a few minutes every now and then, just to see if it still works.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #84  
Don't need a TV... There is a lot of life to live and valuable things to do
I've done all that and more. Now I watch movies on TV while it's 104+ degrees outside. It was just after 7:30pm and it was still 98. It cooled down to 77 after that because a storm went by. So tomorrow looks like it will over 100 with high humidity. I'm checking tomorrows TV schedule now. :LOL:

/ Can you live without a TV ? #85  
I really only watch ballgames and some news and usually when I am doing something else. I do turn on an old time show from the antenna if I can't get to sleep.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #86  
On a trip a year or so ago, we noticed the cable channels really fire hosed the commercials for quite some time and frequently. It was really disruptive.
We use a Roku for all tv watching, and there's a huge difference between channels as to advertising. Minimal ads for the most part on the Roku channel or Freevee but the History channel really packs 'em in (my wife's gotten hooked on Alone, I sometimes will watch Mountain Men).

As far as watching in general, I'll watch a couple hours a night...almost all shows from this century. Very few shows older than that hold my interest for very long.
Before we moved here (mid 00s) I almost never watched. It's something to do in the evening. I used to read a lot but as I've gotten older I find it hard to focus on books late in the day.