Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #1  

ironman1952

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kioti RX7320pccb
I just bought a Kioti RX 7320. Putting on new attachments on the front loader is ridiculous.
It’s winter now and we have been having some really cold weather. I want to add a camera or 2 on the front to make this reasonable.

I think Kioti and other tractor brands should include cameras as stock.
Can a solar camera stay on the tractor outside in cold weather?

I also have another issue. Getting in and out of the cab is very close quarters. Not much space between the shifter and the forward/reverse lever. I was moving some materials and had to get in and out several times. on getting back in I bumped the shifter lever. Fortunately the bucket was down and the brake was on but it did start to move.

I think the lever should be either higher up, bent in the upward direction and or shorter.

What do you think???
Regards, Joe :)

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #2  
Joe - I think two things in your case.

1- you will get use to your new tractor and implements

2- barring that - get a wheelbarrow and pitch fork

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #3  
Like Oosik says, you will get used to it/get the hang of it.

It’s tougher in the winter to get in and out because you’re wearing boots, winter coats, heavy pants, gloves , etc. I use a skidsteer with a cab; that requires alot of contortion to climb in.

Regarding the front camera, what would you be using it for? If it’s outside, I’d think it would get covered with snow pretty quick.

Give it some time; you will get the hang of it.

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #4  
Seville is correct. Winter time and all that winter garb is a tough time to access most any vehicle.

I really don't think a front camera will help when installing implement on your FEL. Experience is the best teacher.

Give it some time. You will learn when to bend, bow, dip, lean when getting onto your new tractor. Remember - you are getting on a tractor - a very dedicated work vehicle. You are not getting into a Cadillac.

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #5  
I just bought a Kioti RX 7320. Putting on new attachments on the front loader is ridiculous.
It’s winter now and we have been having some really cold weather. I want to add a camera or 2 on the front to make this reasonable.

I think Kioti and other tractor brands should include cameras as stock.
Can a solar camera stay on the tractor outside in cold weather?

What do you think???
Regards, Joe :)
I never had much luck trying to mount a tractor camera to be able to see detail in every location. They're great for general viewing but not for up close detailed work like lining up some attachments.

The solution for me, was to use a portable battery powered wireless system. That way, I can put the cameras where they're needed on a temporary basis.

There are many such portable systems available, but they can get pricey. Most use proprietary rechargeable batteries which always seem to need recharging every time they're used.

Out of frustration, I made up my own using a fairly cheap wireless camera system. I power it with cordless tool batteries which I always keep charged for tool use. The cameras and monitor attach with strong magnets. They can be placed almost anywhere on the tractor or even on the ground near the work location. The system is also easily swapped between tractors.

P1080739a.jpg
P1080744a.jpg

P1080745a.jpg
P1080760.JPG

Here's a link to a post on how it was done with links to the parts:

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #6  
I wonder if the RX 7320 is similar to my Branson 8050 in that it is difficult to see where the ssqa mounting plate is in relation to the attachment. The hood and loader frame blocks the view to the attachment area. If I open the door and lean out to the left past the loader arms I can just barely see one side of the attachment to line up with the ssqa plate. I have a wireless camera system with the camera and battery on magnets which I can set on the front cross torque tube which definitely helps the visibility to connect attachments and also helps with the pallet forks immensely.
Mine is a Tadi brothers system which certainly isn't the least expensive way to go.
Order Your Wireless Backup Camera from Tadibrothers Today!

using 6.jpg

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #7  
Some folks find a big improvement by painting or otherwise marking some of the mating parts. My SSQA and attachments are all black, and occasionally hard to see. If I just put some white onto the plates I'm trying to get between it would be easier in some circumstances.

You might also do some tests, make some measurements. You might find a particular angle or height for the SSQA helps a great deal.

If you're always doing the attaching and detaching in the same place, such as where your attachments are stored, perhaps you could put up a mirror in that place that gives you a better angle.

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #8  
If the camera is desired for the ssqa, one thought for a simplistic system is like the old “tennis ball on a magnetic mount” used when backing up to hook up a trailer

Could duct tape four long fluorescent fiber glass snow stakes to four magnets. Put two on the implement at the outer edge of the ssqa bracket, and the other two on the ssqa plate on the loader arms in the same location. That would at least let you line it up fairly accurately.

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever
I see where you are going. I had thought about a couple of saw horses built at the right height;, that way I could see where the QA needs to be.
As this time I dont leave my attachments at the same location. I cant see through the the engine hood so seeing is really hindered.

Again I think Kioti could have designed integral cameras with the larger machines.
Without them it is really annoying changing attachments.

So tennis balls and such would be great if i had a barn truss to hang it from also I dont really have perfectly flat and level ground :cool:

/ Cameras and the weather and the placement of For/rev lever #10  
I see where you are going. I had thought about a couple of saw horses built at the right height;, that way I could see where the QA needs to be.
As this time I dont leave my attachments at the same location. I cant see through the the engine hood so seeing is really hindered.

Again I think Kioti could have designed integral cameras with the larger machines.
Without them it is really annoying changing attachments.

So tennis balls and such would be great if i had a barn truss to hang it from also I dont really have perfectly flat and level ground :cool:

Something like this is what I was trying to describe. Get two pairs and keep them in your cab. When it’s time to hook something up, attach one pair to the tractor ssqa, and the other pair to your implement at the same location. Should help you line it up. When it’s hooked up, pull them off and throw them back in the cab.

IMG_9907.png