Calls and texts for Marvin

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
Has anyone else been getting calls or texts for Marvin? I've been ignoring them for a long time and finally read a text to find out they were from a political party. Just a while ago I got a call asking to speak to Marvin.
Stuck not Marvin

/ Calls and texts for Marvin
I've gotten two more texts to Marvin since I told the guy to put me on his don't call, don't text list. Maybe they'll end after the election.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #3  
I've received texts that address me by a different incorrect name. If I notice multiple calls/texts from the same number, I'll block it.

I don't answer my phone for any numbers that aren't in my contact list. They are almost always scam/spam calls.

I see no point in interacting with them via call or text. I think that just makes matters worse.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #4  
My cell phone is only on when I want to make a call. So... I receive a few text messages, etc. If I don't recognize - I simply delete. No problems here.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #5  
I regularly get calls asking for some woman. When I say you have the wrong number, the guy goes into a pitch for a fake police benefit charity. It's happened so may times that now I just say "I'll get her." and lay the phone down.

I regularly get calls asking for some woman. When I say you have the wrong number, the guy goes into a pitch for a fake police benefit charity. It's happened so may times that now I just say "I'll get her." and lay the phone down.

Thanks for your response KennyG. I'd suspected the same type bait was used by different companies with different names. I guess they're so desperate for someone to pick up the phone they keep doing it for months until curiosity will gets the better of the person on the other end.
I don't think I've gotten one call since the polls closed.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #7  
I guess they're so desperate for someone to pick up the phone they keep doing it for months until curiosity will gets the better of the person on the other end.
I don't think I've gotten one call since the polls closed.

I've noticed the robocalls seem to come in clusters...I'll get 3 or 4 calls in the course of 10 min or so, all with different Caller ID.

I'm sure most of those calls were from pollsters. With fewer and fewer people willing to answer the phone for an unknown caller it's got to be making their job much more difficult. They sure missed the boat on this election!!

I don't do texting, but have never had any "junk" calls asking for Marvin. I wonder why they chose that name...not like it's a very common one.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #8  
Got a Robo call this morning. No idea what it was about. Only got to "This is not a Sales . . ." click. If everyone did that, they would end overnight.

/ Calls and texts for Marvin #9  
I've been in a similar situation before, and it can be really annoying. Have you tried telling them they have the wrong number? Blocking the number might help, too. Also, have you heard about this inbound call center service? It could be a solution to avoid those unwanted calls in the future. You might want to check it out. Hang in there!

Last edited:
I'm the OP and don't remember a call or text for Marvin since starting the thread. Good riddance.

Last edited: