Calling in on drunks on the road

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
Last Saturday evening we called in a suspected dwi on our way home. First he/she caused me to stand on the brakes to avoid a collision when they pulled out from a state park. Then they wouldn't go over forty in a sixty for about five miles, constantly tapping their brakes too.

Nine at night with probably more than one drunk behind us upset at the delay made me ask my wife to dial 9-1-1 to report a suspected dwi. I was right.

Sunday I got to go down to the police station and fill out a report, just cause for the pd to pull he/she over.

This isn't the first time for me. I'll have a beer on occasion. But I have this thing about having even one beer and going out onto the road. I don't do it and I don't appreciate anyone else doing it either.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #2  
I wish Someone had Called in on our Son on June 06 2007. We lost Him that Night. A victim of Drunk Driving. He was 45 years old and Our only Son.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road
I wish Someone had Called in on our Son on June 06 2007. We lost Him that Night. A victim of Drunk Driving. He was 45 years old and Our only Son.

You have our condolences.

Parents are not supposed to outlive their kids.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #4  
Being on the road a lot, I have done the same. I even call in people on cell phones talking and driving. And then you have the other half of the brain dead, those that walk and talk paying no never mind what is going on around them.
Saw a woman kill her child by not paying attention and stepping into the path of a car, others walking off platforms and falling on tacks.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #5  
Story in the Denton Record-Chronicle this morning about someone in this area also calling in on a drunk driver. That's great; good job, Harvey.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #6  
Thanks, I tried to highlight and copy a headline and that didn't work, so I'm not sure what I did, but I fixed it now.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #7  
My condolences mrpoppy.

I've called in more than once. One occasion was a transport driver on a major highway.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #8  
I used to call in and don't as much anymore. I've probably called in 100+ over the last 25 years of cell phones and I have NEVER gotten down the road and seen any one of them ever pulled over. I've also gotten a number of really grouchy operator/dispatchers on the other end that act as if I'm bothering them...so..I just pretty much quit with it.

I called in a an accident a few months ago that I actually witnessed, gave the operator all the details, who ran the light etc, my name and phone number. Didn't appear to be any injuries and I had somewhere I had to be so I didn't stop. Went back an hour later and the cops were still there, the one doing the accident investigation was really happy I had come back because the operator/dispatcher had told him NOTHING I relayed to them, what happened or that there was even a witness. He was dealing with two drivers who each claimed the other ran the light.

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #9  
A few months back we were behind someone who went over the centerline and almost all the way into the other lane twice within a few miles (with oncoming traffic who had to swerve onto the shoulder both times). After the second time, I called 911 (my wife was driving) and reported what we had seen including the plate # of the car. We followed them (they were going the same way as us) until the dispatcher could get a sheriffs car in to pull them over.
Must have been odd for the person in the other car to have a sheriffs car come up, pass the car behind her and pull her over.

Aaron Z

/ Calling in on drunks on the road #10  
Being on the road a lot, I have done the same. I even call in people on cell phones talking and driving. And then you have the other half of the brain dead, those that walk and talk paying no never mind what is going on around them.
Saw a woman kill her child by not paying attention and stepping into the path of a car, others walking off platforms and falling on tacks.

Its not illegal to talk on a cell phone and drive in these parts other than in a school zone. I suppose you stopped and called in on a pay phone?