Call me Mr Jinx.

/ Call me Mr Jinx. #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Tonight I found an envelope of cash and turned it into the local police department. It's a small town force with the station shared with the Fire department, and since there's no weekend dispatcher I actually gave it to a firefighter. I talked with them for a few minutes and they said it had been a quiet weekend, as one of them knocked on wood. That was at about 8:20.
I wished them a quiet evening and headed on my way.
I just checked the local news, less than 1/2 hour after I left they were called out on a major house fire, with several area departments called in.

It just seems bizarre that this happened so soon after I wished them a quiet evening.

/ Call me Mr Jinx. #2  
Tonight I found an envelope of cash and turned it into the local police department. It's a small town force with the station shared with the Fire department, and since there's no weekend dispatcher I actually gave it to a firefighter. I talked with them for a few minutes and they said it had been a quiet weekend, as one of them knocked on wood. That was at about 8:20.
I wished them a quiet evening and headed on my way.
I just checked the local news, less than 1/2 hour after I left they were called out on a major house fire, with several area departments called in.

It just seems bizarre that this happened so soon after I wished them a quiet evening.

"Fate is the Hunter"

/ Call me Mr Jinx. #3  
First off, blessings to you for turning in the cash. I'm sure you're not a jinx, but it's strange how things work sometimes. Prayers for the people affected by the fire.

/ Call me Mr Jinx. #4  
I've had experience from the opposite end of your situation - Jstpssng. I was at our local Feed & Seed store. I had $900 drop - somehow - out of my billfold. It was from the sale of my first rear blade. The girls at the store turned it in to the local Police dept. They knew me but didn't know how to contact me. After ten days - I had given up. Stopped at the Feed & Seed store and the girls recognized me and told me to get my money at the Police dept.

This situation would only happen at a small county town. It's a college town but a farming community. GOOD ON YOU - Jstpssng.

/ Call me Mr Jinx. #5  
You aren't a jinx per se, but you broke the cardinal rule of emergency services...YOU NEVER EVER USE the 'Q'-word. Use, mention, or even thought of the 'Q'-word leads to supernatural forces being unleashed to rain havoc upon your peace.