Call for Price or Quote by Phone

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #1  

Chewwy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240, MF 265
I am curious why most tractor dealers are unwilling to provide online pricing for their in stock inventory. They all require calling the store to even get ballpark pricing.

Car dealers, appliance store, furniture stores, RV dealers, and pretty much every other dealer type of dealer provide online pricing info.

It just appears that agricultural equipment dealers are not willing to compete for your business.

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #2  
Want your phone number so they can call you back & irritate you with some more haggling??

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #3  
They don't want to lock themselves into a price. It may adjust and they don't want people seeing that it was listed for less last week. Also it gives them a chance to talk to you about how much you need a tractor before they drop the price on you.

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #4  
We have a couple local guys that aways put “CALL” in the space for the price.
Really annoying, but they are pretty successful.
The funny thing is you call them, then they give you the price. So they probably spend 10X more time answering calls than necessary.
What’s the big worry about stating a price? Almost every asking price is negotiable.

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #6  
Some franchise agreements prohibit online pricing
This is more than likely it. At my day job we work with a lot of material handling companies, think forklifts and equipment for moving things around. These dealers are very territorial. The manufacturers do not let them list prices for new equipment and most of them are not allowed to sell new equipment outside of their territory. Even if you call them they will not give you a price if you are outside of their territory. I understand that prices can vary drastically from territory to territory. Not listing prices avoids the inevitable questions about why one dealer's prices are so much higher or lower than another dealer.

/ Call for Price or Quote by Phone #7  
I agree its annoying. Maybe they think they have a better chance at making a deal if they actually talk to someone???? Not me. It makes me more likely to look elsewhere because you waste my time