California Drought

/ California Drought #771  
1709854650076.png

What's the hottest Earth's ever been?

/ California Drought #772  
Can you posts links to graphs like that?

The best link I found was :
Global temperatures over last 24,000 years show today's warming 'unprecedented' but that is not NASA
I like your chart better, it has better links to sources.

The one I posted, showing similar data, came from this Reddit thread.

Like anything on Reddit, the comments following a post is where you often find better insight.

Some examples:

Climate change is what we see happening for thousands of years after the last glacial maximum.​
The more recent changes of the past two centuries are better described as a bomb going off.​
...clues like ice cores and tree rings) provide scientists with context for understanding today’s observed warming of Earth’s climate, which has no historic parallel."​
There's also been like a 60% drop in wildlife in the same time period. The Holocene mass extinction is gonna be lit.​
Biomass of insect loss is a huge deal people are just ignoring.​

That last one is one I have noticed personally. Crossing a 10 mile swamp (Ca route 37) we used to splatter so many bugs on the windshield that we had to stop and clean up. Now, none! A very noticeable change.

/ California Drought #773  
   / California Drought #774  
There is no conclusive way to measure temperature prior to 1900. It's an estimate from a model. Models are nothing but assumption generators relaying upon tangent information.

It's amazing people think we can tell the temperature of the earth 5000 years ago.

/ California Drought #775  
There is no conclusive way to measure temperature prior to 1900. It's an estimate from a model. Models are nothing but assumption generators relaying upon tangent information.

It's amazing people think we can tell the temperature of the earth 5000 years ago.
There is pretty good science available today through proxies that have enabled us to do so not only on our own planet, but also others.

/ California Drought #777  
   / California Drought #778  
   / California Drought #779  
The best we can do to answer the burning question of past temperatures.. is generalizations.

/ California Drought #780  
Do I believe in climate change? yes, it changes every day. Do I believe man has changed the climate? a little. but not the doom an gloom that has been pushed daily.