California Drought

/ California Drought #761  
I never through I would find the one guy that believes the weatherman. Today is that day.
I have training in meteorology, and I find our local weatherman to be quite knowledgeable and informative. It is an inexact science but his forecasts are pretty reliable. He's not a young babe in a tight dress but you can't have everything. 😀

My only beef is wanting solid information on climate change. In that respect, due to bias, I think he does a disservice. Somehow all sorts of things become "evidence" that we are all doomed.

Some of the "evidence" are events within statistical norms-- like this year. Our snow did come a little later this year, but I don't believe that by itself is evidence of anything. To contrast, last Fall he predicted the drought would persist all winter long due to climate change. Then winter roared in early and was strong all year. The narrative changed-- now the early winter was "climate whiplash" from the Earth fighting back against climate change.

In his defense I see many people conflate local and immediate weather against long term climate patterns-- which should not be done.

/ California Drought #764  
CA just got 10 ft of snow. Where is the promised global warning when you need it :LOL:

/ California Drought #766  
Yet they still are building new homes. Like someone was going to save them.

It's called - - "the California dream".

/ California Drought
I have training in meteorology, and I find our local weatherman to be quite knowledgeable and informative. It is an inexact science but his forecasts are pretty reliable. He's not a young babe in a tight dress but you can't have everything. 😀

My only beef is wanting solid information on climate change. In that respect, due to bias, I think he does a disservice. Somehow all sorts of things become "evidence" that we are all doomed.

Some of the "evidence" are events within statistical norms-- like this year. Our snow did come a little later this year, but I don't believe that by itself is evidence of anything. To contrast, last Fall he predicted the drought would persist all winter long due to climate change. Then winter roared in early and was strong all year. The narrative changed-- now the early winter was "climate whiplash" from the Earth fighting back against climate change.

In his defense I see many people conflate local and immediate weather against long term climate patterns-- which should not be done.
I really like our local meteorologist. He used to be way way way over the top. I'm sure you can find videos of him acting crazy.

He used to work for AccuWeather. I've never heard him mention climate change and if you have, please don't tell me about it. 😅

/ California Drought #769  
a-cool-guide-to-a-warming-climate-v0-f3y5524jtwmc1.jpeg