Calamansi Tang

/ Calamansi Tang #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
I'm still in the Philippines for a few more months and discovered the best powered drink mix. Calamansi (about the size of a key lime) taste like a cross between a lime and tangerine, tart and juicy. Mix 2 20g packs with a liter of water and place in the freezer for a few hours to set like a milk shake or slurpee, really hits the spot on a 95 to a 100 degree day. hopefully, I'll be out of here before marcos becomes president. Can't believe they voted another crooked marcos back in power. The people deserve everything they get.

mark

/ Calamansi Tang #2  
I'm still in the Philippines for a few more months and discovered the best powered drink mix. Calamansi (about the size of a key lime) taste like a cross between a lime and tangerine, tart and juicy. Mix 2 20g packs with a liter of water and place in the freezer for a few hours to set like a milk shake or slurpee, really hits the spot on a 95 to a 100 degree day. hopefully, I'll be out of here before marcos becomes president. Can't believe they voted another crooked marcos back in power. The people deserve everything they get.

mark
Looks like full circle...

I know families split over the election...

Also know those that flew to the PI in support of BBM and against.

That said the Philippines still has a growing expat community.

I guess the heat is something you get use too?

Of course some places hotter than others.

/ Calamansi Tang #3  
I wonder - is that powdered drink mix only available in the Philippines area.

/ Calamansi Tang #4  
Looks like it sometimes goes by the name Calamondin and they sell some on Amazon.
What is on the label? Would like to try some.

Never been to Philippines but have friends from there. Getting to see any cool stuff?

/ Calamansi Tang #6  
I see they can't call it Tang here as that is trademarked by the astronaut drink.
Will have to go find it fresh somewhere.

/ Calamansi Tang #7  
We keep a carton at home in Oakland CA...

IMG_20220517_125044156.jpg

/ Calamansi Tang #8  

mark
My sources in the PI say the pendulum has monumentally shifted…

So many of the old Marcos politicians are dusting off their credentials with the goal of being reinstated or again holding office…

What’s old is again new…

Anyone know Marcos favorite tractor color?

/ Calamansi Tang
My sources in the PI say the pendulum has monumentally shifted…

So many of the old Marcos politicians are dusting off their credentials with the goal of being reinstated or again holding office…

What’s old is again new…

Anyone know Marcos favorite tractor color?

/ Calamansi Tang
Just picked up six 1.5 liter bottles of calamansi soda, man this stuff is good cold. Had a can of New Zenland cornded beef a few days ago, a bit more course than stateside brands but good. Stocked up on cans of Australian pork and beans, cans are small but good. Wife chartered a van today and with a few family members is on the way to Manila to pickup our kids who fly in tonight for a few months. They flew via Turkish airlines and spent last night in Turkey and crossed the Indian Ocean for the first time. They have now flown across the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Ocean a few times. Guess their old career Navy dad rubbed off on them. Hard to tell how many times I have been around the world by either flying or steaming on an aircraft carrier.

mark