CADPlans 1007 FEL Lessons Learned

/ CADPlans 1007 FEL Lessons Learned #1  

MDblackd

Tractor
Yanmar FX24D
Well it works. Still needs to be painted and replumbed. Seems that I am not getting full throughput of pump where I plumbed hydraulics, and it is slow.

I didn't keep close track of costs, but it came in @ $16-1700 not counting the tools: welder, bandsaw, and drill press. Also, not counting the hospital bills for the pneumonia and setting the tractor on fire, it was still less expensive than a Koyker et.al. The education in how to use the tools is priceless.

Lesson 1: Getting the tractor mounts level and strong is perhaps the most important part.

Lesson 2: Everything can be adjusted to make the bucket come out level if lesson 1 isn't too far off.

Lesson 3: Make it as easy to remove as possible.

Lesson 4: Use quick disconnects on the lines because the lines will be removed several times to get them in the best places for safety and convenience. Without the disconnercts the job is much harder. There is a much higher liklihood to bugger up an expensive hydraulic line.

Lesson 5: Use the the METKit kit, and be VERY careful of the distances where the cylinders fit.

Lesson 5: If possible adjust the distance the bucket so its closer to the front of the tractor. For this you might need to talk to CADPlans.

Lesson 6: Get power steering!!!!!

/ CADPlans 1007 FEL Lessons Learned #2  
<font color=blue>Also, not counting the hospital bills for the pneumonia and setting the tractor on fire</font color=blue>

Ouch!

Congratulations on building it yourself!

Got any pics?

/ CADPlans 1007 FEL Lessons Learned
Don't have any Pics because I don't have a digital camera or even a scanner. Spent 33+ years in the computer field & don't have diddly in computer technology here at the house.