Cab or no cab?

/ Cab or no cab? #1  

Lucky Dog

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65
Cab or no cab?

What did you do, and what were your reasons?

I'm shopping for a new tractor addition and see a lot of advantage with a cab and AC/ Heat. But I also see some disadvantage in that the only heated workspace I have has a 7' door.

Tell me your thought process and long term, are you happy?

/ Cab or no cab? #2  
I do not have a tractor with a cab and my next tractor will have a cab. Summer heat here can be brutal, so I have to plan when I can use the tractor and what I'm doing around the heat of the day. And then there are the bugs that can be very painful if they get mad at you. Now that it's winter time, I could be out working on my tractor, but it's just too cold most of the time, and to me, that's even worse then too hot!!!!

/ Cab or no cab? #3  
Cab X 3. Especially for cold weather snow blowing and plowing. I'm in the same position, regular seven ft garage door. Purchased a shelterlogic to store the tractor out of the weather. Most attachments can be built or repaired in the garage. Regular maintenance is done in the BIG shop during summer.

/ Cab or no cab? #4  
I had 2 open station tractors, then I bought a cabbed tractor. In the summer months, I enjoyed the open stations. I was basically forced to get a cab because of the winter months. I just could not keep warm blowing snow off our 1/4 mile road.

Best of both worlds would have been to have kept one of my open stations but in reality I couldn’t justify it.

/ Cab or no cab? #5  
For sure cab.Mine sat out doors until last year when I put up a pole barn.Ten years out doors,block heater and always started.I have ripped off a couple of caution lights brush-hogging but an easy fix.I liked my open station but sure is nice getting out of the weather in all seasons.

/ Cab or no cab? #6  
Grew up with open station tractors, some of the same reasons as other posters and dust and debris that get all over you and what you breathe in during dry windy conditions, bottom line if you can afford a tractor with a cab buy it.

/ Cab or no cab? #7  
I never thought I'd own a cabbed tractor, thought the MX would be my forever tractor. Weird turn of events and I got the M4 with the ultra cab. Wow, what a different tractor experience. I won't part with the MX because it's a power house and will go many places in my woods the M4 wont plus it has the BH. If I could only have one tractor it probably wouldn't have a cab, but the second tractor should absolutely have a cab.

/ Cab or no cab?
For sure cab.Mine sat out doors until last year when I put up a pole barn.Ten years out doors,block heater and always started.I have ripped off a couple of caution lights brush-hogging but an easy fix.I liked my open station but sure is nice getting out of the weather in all seasons.

Thanks for the comment.
Looks like tractors are not our only common interest.

Ti.jpg

/ Cab or no cab? #9  
If I were on a tractor a lot more, I would say cab for sure. If I had the snow, cab for sure. If I would pulling logs, no cab. For my little use and the brush I go into, open is ok for me. A friend of mine that farms has not had a tractor without a cab for over 20 years.

/ Cab or no cab? #10  
My backhoe has a cab and I hate the doors. If I was going to sit in the seat and run it while someone else had to do the 'outside' work it might be different. But after opening the doors repeatedly it gets old. So I got my Kubota without a cab. Sure it would be nice in the winter but I can live with an open station. But since I use my tractor in the woods there's just too much stuff on a cab that would be damaged.