Comparison Cab model tractors help

/ Cab model tractors help #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I am looking at a kubota 3030hsdc. Is there any other tractors with this frame size with a cab available. I have a dx45 right now and looking to down size. the 3030 is the prefect size but i would like to compare it to other tractors with cab but cant seem to find many. :confused:

/ Cab model tractors help #2  
I haven't seen anything with a cab this small from Deere yet. I would be concerned about it being top heavy with a narrow track and knowing the cab adds over 400 lbs to the tractors weight. Just something to consider.

Looks like a deluxe small cab tractor though, does it have AC?

/ Cab model tractors help #3  
Just like when Kubota introduced full featured cabs on compacts it took a few years before anyone else started building them on the large chassis compacts the same is true for this size tractor.

They do have air as well!

/ Cab model tractors help #4  
Bet the guy killed yesterday by bees when running his backhoe would have enjoyed a nice A/C'd cab to hide in.... Not making fun of him, but another plus for a cab....

Southern California man killed by bee attack

Associated Press

Posted: 06/17/2010 09:26:40 AM PDT
Updated: 06/17/2010 09:26:41 AM PDT

Related Stories
Jun 17:
California man killed by bee attack identifiedENCINITAS Authorities have identified a man killed by hundreds of bee stings in Encinitas north of San Diego.

The county coroner's office says the victim of Wednesday's attack was 54-year-old Marco Tulio Lazaro.

Encinitas Deputy Fire Chief Scott Henry says the man was operating a backhoe to clear brush when he was attacked by bees.

Lazaro ran about 200 yards to an outhouse in an attempt to escape. Henry says firefighters found him in full cardiac arrest.

/ Cab model tractors help #5  
I don't know how close to the Kubota size you need but the Kioti DK35SE cab is 8 inches wider (61.6" vs. 53.7") and it's tough to say how much longer since Kioti gives the length WITH the 3pt hitch (129.1") and Kubota list the length WITHOUT the 3pt hitch (103.9"). The wheelbase is 4" longer (69.5" vs 65.6") though so overall it's probably longer. The Kioti is 95.3" to the top of the cab and the Kubota does not list height with a cab. The Kioti is significantly heavier at 4,133lbs and the Kubota is 2271lbs "with ROPS", I don't believe that includes the cab weight.

The slightly larger frame of the Kioti also comes with:
More horsepower 38HP/26PTO HP vs. 30HP/23PTO HP
Larger engine 111.43 cu.in (1,826cc) vs. 91.5 cu.in. (1,498cc)
MUCH stronger hydraulics 15.2 gpm vs. 9.1 gpm
MUCH stronger 3pt hitch 2,383lbs vs. 1,676lbs
Slightly stronger loader 1155lbs vs. 1091lbs
Higher loader lift 92.5" vs. 84.6"
Longer warranty 4 yr vs 2 yr warranty

Plus really nice standard features like an independent push button PTO, tilt steering, electric over hydraulic push button 4wd, rear 3pt lift control so you can lift the arms from the rear while attaching something, suspension seat, separate HST pedals instead of the single rocker pedal, and differential lock.

I would be willing to bet it will be cheaper by a couple of grand as well. Kioti makes great tractors and proves that with a solid warranty and very comparable specs. I have had my 2006 model Kioti for 4 years with over 400 hard hours on it and couldn't be happier. I would love a factory cab vs. my cheap aftermarket cab though. Both the Kioti DK35SE and the Kubota B3030 have 3-range HST's which I would love to have vs. my 2-range HST as well. Happy shopping!

/ Cab model tractors help
I have run over my fair share ground hornets nest. Never had a cab when i ran them over ouch. I got stung so many times once turned my lips blue. i am just looking for something 30-35hp have to make sure tires are filled.

/ Cab model tractors help #7  
I have the 3030 and am very happy with it. When I was shopping around I also looked at a John Deere with a cab, but it was slightly larger, I don't know that they have one that is the same size. I quite looking when I found the one I bought used with only 250 hours on it and the blower I wanted.

I have heard a lot of people express concern about them being top heavy, but haven't heard any stories of someone putting one on its side. My property has a lot of steep areas and I have the Kubota wheel spacers on my rear wheels (plus filled tires). It isn't a large expense and widens the track a bit leaving me feeling more comfortable.

/ Cab model tractors help #8  
There are several members on the Kubota Forum with the B3030 HSTC model and all seem to be happy with them. Agree, a cab on that size of tractor will significantly affect COG, so yes this should be taken into consideration, but I have come to the point that no "inconvenience" is too great in order to use a cab if available.

/ Cab model tractors help
The kioti looks great but i went to there web site and there is no dealers close to where i live. That makes it very hard to sit in one and test drive. Maybe there is one closer but i cant find one.:(

/ Cab model tractors help #10  
That's one of the downfalls to Kioti, the low number of dealers as they build up in the business. I was fortunate to have 3 Kioti dealers (same family owned company) within 1 hr of my house so that made my decision easy. I don't really see the need for a nearby dealer though as my tractor has only been to the dealer once and that was for the 50-hr service. I get my oil and maintenance parts from local auto parts stores, dealer or order online. I guess if you are not comfortable with doing your own work then a close dealer is a good thing.

I don't know if the similar Bobcat model CT335 has a cab option but try them, there is probably a dealer closer to you.