Cab Heaters

/ Cab Heaters #1  

SullysTractor

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
Im looking at putting a cab on my tractor (Kioti CK3510) I have looked at the factory cab as well as a Curtis cab. The Curtis has a heater kit that installs to the right of the steering wheel and attaches to the front piece of the cab. Kioti's heater insstalls ? but has vents up in the top of the canopy. The curtis one only vents out of the heater itself which I assume will blow upwards and kind of hit the windshield. Living in Colorado, this could be a deal breaker because I have to be able to have a clear windshield for snow removal. Does anyone have experience with this type of setup?
Thanks in advance,
Sully

/ Cab Heaters #2  
No experience…..but just a general comment.

No matter what model heater you end up with, if you put a small 12v fan in the cab to circulate the air/heat, it will heat up much more uniformly. It will also help to reduce fogging.

/ Cab Heaters #3  
Even with upper vents it is often helpfull to add an auxiliary fan to help keep the windows unfogged.
similar to this;
1678646507356.png

/ Cab Heaters #4  
I've had a Sims Indy Cab with their heater since 2009.

The MF dealer offered to install the heater from the roof in the front right side of the cab.

This would give me more room in the cab since the OEM location was to the left of the steering wheel.

My heater has a 2 speed fan and I am very happy with the heated cab.

During the summertime I remove the door to the cab for easier access.

Also I have a 6", 2 speed fan mounted in the upper right side rear of the cab..

Only issue is temperature inside the cab when it's -40F outside, but it sure beats being exposed.

KC

/ Cab Heaters #5  
Back in 2012 I built a cab for my L3200 and used an AH454 that I got from some hotrod shop - forgot the name. It ran off the engine coolant and had an output of 20,000 BTU's. That kept the cab toasty. No big wonder. The cab was fairly tight and we heat a whole house with 100,000. The round grille spins to direct the airflow. Mine was mounted below the windshield as in the picture below (Post #40). It usually kept the condensation on the windows down. Exceptions were till the engine warmed up for a few minutes, and sometimes I couldn't manage to get the rear snowblower chute rotated in the right direction. A stream of snow chills the glass faster than the heater compensates.