Backhoe BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector #1  

mpsmith60

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 4WD HST
Does BXpanded stand behind their products? Yes they do! (At least for me.) This is the second one that I have owned. I was very pleased with it until it broke while I was digging a trench for a gutter drain pipe in the back of my new shop. (See pictures below.) To be fair, I was digging up a lot of rock, but this kind of failure surprised me. I sent an email to BXpanded with a few pictures of the failure. A couple of days later they contacted me saying they would send me a new one after I shipped the broken one back. I did and they did indeed ship me the replacement as promised. I installed the replacement and am living happily ever after - so far.

vlcsnap-00221.jpg vlcsnap-00222.jpgvlcsnap-00223.jpg

For anyone considering getting one, the video below chronicles the break, the replacement, and how it works.

Time will tell if this one will hold up, but at least they stood behind their product! That says a lot.

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector #2  
IMG_20191008_123530330.jpg

IMG_20191008_123538820.jpg

Mine ripped apart. I called and sent pictures. A year old with under 25 hours of use. Standard cylinders that came with the backhoe bh65 from kubota. The metal tore, not the welds. Sent me a new one quite fast. Decent company that stood behind their product.

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector
Mine ripped apart. I called and sent pictures. A year old with under 25 hours of use. Standard cylinders that came with the backhoe bh65 from kubota. The metal tore, not the welds. Sent me a new one quite fast. Decent company that stood behind their product.

Wow! Yours tore apart on both sides. Mine on just one. They must have had a batch of unusually soft steel. At least the stand behind there products.

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector #4  
What is the purpose of this supposed to be? Looks like it deliberately adds a weak spot at a crucial connection, but to what benefit?.

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector #5  
Wow! I just ordered one of these along with a 6-inch trencher bucket. Hope they have resolved the issue.

/ BXpanded Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector #6  
What is the purpose of this supposed to be? Looks like it deliberately adds a weak spot at a crucial connection, but to what benefit?.

You mean the quick connect? It allows you to switch from the bucket, to the ripper (or something else) in about 30 seconds. Once you need to switch back, it takes you 30 seconds to switch to the bucket again. If you never switch, you really don't need it. If you do, then it really saves you a lot of time. Just think of it as a SSQA for the backhoe.