BXM32 Chipper Shredder

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Neighbour just got a new Wallenstein BXM 32 chipper shredder for us to use. I went to set it up and put it on his new BX2370 and find that the 3 point hitch won't lower enough for it to sit on the ground once I took it off the shipping pallet? Anyone else encounter this? Wondering if I need to make feet for it now.
I haven't tried it on my B2620 yet.
We are both waiting for our quick hitches to come in before I cut the pto shaft.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #2  
There was another thread on here that sounds like this issue...seems that the solution was that the user kept a pallet around to lower the unit onto. Keep in mind the angle that the PTO shaft may be subjected to. Curious if your B2620 has the same issue. Is the BX a cat0?... or cat 1 like your B26xx.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #3  
My chipper is not a Wallenstein, but I had a similar issue. I had to reweld new lift points onto the chipper so it would align correctly. You want to make sure the unit can rest on the ground when using it to take the stress off the 3 point hitch.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #4  
I've heard of it many times including with my own situation. Some guys just leave it on the pallet. The problem with also leaving it low and without the pallet is the angle of the PTO shaft is pretty steep. I built an aluminum adapter for mine that also has allowances to put castors on it so it can be lowered and removed and with the castors on it can be moved easily around.

b8156a3027954aa64dfd048be2c4b469_zps9f293942.jpg

49d9e8f3a93a669b15c3ff1c20945720_zps997f8761.jpg

9e314bf3b7ff7805d4ec34b9e3a1960c_zps5717d65a.jpg

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #5  
Very nice job on that adaptor. I can tell by the condition of your tractor and appearance of the shop that you like to do things right.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #6  
Very nice job on that adaptor. I can tell by the condition of your tractor and appearance of the shop that you like to do things right.
You don't know the half of it... check out 4shorts mods and videos to get an appreciation of what he does... and what his wife puts up with! :D

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #7  

Thanks. I like to have things work as best they can and this was the only way I could do it and be happy with it.

You don't know the half of it... check out 4shorts mods and videos to get an appreciation of what he does... and what his wife puts up with! :D

Oh man. I agree. My poor wife got it some tough :laughing:

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #8  
I believe PTO chippers are designed to remain a little above ground level, so when operator reverses tractor the chipper will not be over-stressed when inadvertently used as a plow.

I use a 5" diameter limb under my BX42.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #9  
A lot of folks will bolt a 4x4 or 4x6 under the chipper/shredder to keep the PTO as level as possible when the lumber is resting on the ground. I am planning to do that when I get a chance, but for now I just stack a few 2x4's under the back to keep things nice and level.

/ BXM32 Chipper Shredder #10  
bearcat chipper.JPG

My BEARCAT has adjustable legs to allow for different 3ph heights.