BX2680... sort of a grinding feeling through steering wheel when turning on pavement

/ BX2680... sort of a grinding feeling through steering wheel when turning on pavement #1  

legbuh

Silver Member
Hello all!

Last year I traded my BX1860 for a 2680. Love it!

But, when mowing and doing a turn around (fairly sharp, but not pinned) I can feel grinding through the steering wheel.

4wd is off. Fluid is fine.

I never felt this on my 1860. The amount of vibration/grinding varies a little with speed, turn sharpness, etc.

Is this something I should worry about, or normal?

/ BX2680... sort of a grinding feeling through steering wheel when turning on pavement #2  
Are you all the way to the stops, turning the maximum it will allow? (Not sure what pinned means...) If you back off the sharpness of the turn just a hair does it go away? Does it do this turning both left and right? Possible that the front tire is rubbing against something when turning sharply?

/ BX2680... sort of a grinding feeling through steering wheel when turning on pavement #3  
Both tires at correct pressure? I suggest putting it on jackstands and turning wheels by hand to see if you can feel it. Does it do it more when turning left, right, both? I'd give dealer a call, should be under warranty .