BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls?

/ BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls? #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
It looks like a few of you on this thread have same tractor as me or have dealt with hooking up a linear actuator for your blower.
I ordered one last week on Amazon , (6 inch throw , 200 lb) I think it is 5 amp draw. (has not arrived yet)
Now I have a homemade cab that I have already installed a 12 volt typical auxillary lamp to face backwards towards rear mounted blower. I took the easy route when installed that and just used a 12 volt ciggarette lighter type plug to insert into the existing 12 volt auxillary plug that is near your feet below the seat on 2008 Kubota BX2660 With a on off switch near the roof of my cab. Tha lamp is a typical 12 volt type that have been sold for decades at hardware stores . Now to run 12 volts to my linear actuator (I will use a double pole double throw switch. Where can I safely get my 12 volts without too much draw. the easiest route seems to be to splice into the 12 volt line I have going to that lamp , because my linear actuator switch to tilt my chute is going to be mounted high on the cab facing backwards very near the lamp switch I put there. But maybe that will be too much draw on that same lamp line. My only other options seems to be then to run a new line all the way from the battery by getting big terminals on end of wires and long run of auot type wire to the switch and then to the actuator. From switch to actuator of course I will put a disconnect plug so I can remove the snowblower easy..........what thoughts about wiring which route better ? One shot below shows the lamp with my wood chipper on and summer format of cab

Attachments

• DSCN1414.jpg
    DSCN1414.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 20140529_161407.jpg
    20140529_161407.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 170
   / BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls?
Re: How to control a blower...

bump please

/ BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls? #3  

I think you should be able to determine the amp draw on the lamp and the amps that your wiring and cigarette lighter supports and decide then whether you can use that. If not then run a new wire with a fuse from the battery.

I think you should be able to determine the amp draw on the lamp and the amps that your wiring and cigarette lighter supports and decide then whether you can use that. If not then run a new wire with a fuse from the battery.

That's the tricky part , finding out what that stock 12 volt auxiliary plug is allowed to support (plug is next to the three point hitch adjustment turn knob to adjust the rate of speed of drop and lift) If the lamp I am using is typical 35 or 40 watt aux sealed beam and my linear actuator is 5 amp x 12 volts = 60 watts, that's maybe 100 watts coming out of that plug potentially, is that good or bad. I hoped someone here had also used that 12 volt plug on the Kubota BX series.

/ BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls? #5  

That plug must be fused somewhere. Can't you find the fuse for it and see what amp it is? It's really the wire Guage that determines safe amps. What guage is the wire?

/ BX2660 - Where to draw power from to run blower controls? #6  
I took the liberty of moving your BX2660 question to its own thread so the next person can find it rather than having it in a L3830 thread.

As for your question, did you look at the cover of the fuse box for the fuse labeled "DC Outlet" or in your owners manual? The fuse panel on our BX2660 has a 10 amp fuse labeled "DC Outlet" so we can pull 120 watts.
IMG_20150928_193414 (Medium).jpg

Aaron Z

Aczlan.....thanks......I found a electric schematic last night and traced that circuit back to a 10 amp fuse, just like you did, So with 120 watts it should easily be able to handle the aux lamp and the 5 amp linear actuator, so I will splice in to the same line and put the rocker switch beside the lamp switch , all handy in one location. Now if amazon would just ship the linear actuator , so I can start this project .....smile !

I completed my linear actuator install this weekend, I was very lucky in that my choice of stroke length still fit well to use the existing tabs on the blower chute and use some 5 /16 bolts off to one side to clear the actuator body enough. I would of mounted it upside down like some here at TBN suggested , for further weather proofness but then it would not clear the hinge of the chute, so left as is. The wiring I did as I had mentioned in above thread posts splice into the wiring I already had for my auxiliary lamp with the switch near the ceiling of my cab. I put the toggle switch beside the light switch . MY cab roof stays on summer and winter (just add 2 side walls ). Don't look to critically at my wiring around my switch, but I used household plugs so I could disconnect, if roof needs to come off. I then used trailer wire from chute in a black garden hose to the back window of my cab and with trailer wire disconnect plug it can be taken apart when I remove snowblower.
You will note that chute rotation is still done manually , but my back of cab has gap in the black felt fabric that I can reach thru very easy to rotate the crank . Maybe one day I will electric that too, but seems overkill with simplicity of handle I have now. Thanks for the many TBN tips and help on the site to get this project done.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 150