BX2660 RPM's creeping down

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down #1  

LostInTheWoods

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
While running the rotary cutter today, I noticed the throttle lever felt loose compared to the way it normally feels. I also noticed the RPM's start to slowly creep down. Needless to say, it got to be a little aggravating holding the throttle down while using the tractor.

After a search here, it would appear that I need to find a "throttle lever friction adjustment" - most likely a nut needs to be tightened.

Its dark outside now, but I need to get back at it tomorrow afternoon. Anyone have any suggestions/advice...is it easy to find and adjust on the BX's? Anything else I should consider in the event that doesn't fix the problem?

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down #2  
Yes, it is very easy to tighten the nut. In fact, it easy to over tighten it, making it difficult to change as needed.

You may find it takes a couple of attempts to get the GoldiLocks effect. Not too loose and not too tight, but just right.

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down #3  
Oh, and just pull the screen off. You look up inside and you'll see it, find it.

Easy as pie.

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down
Thanks bp fick, I'll look at it tomorrow!:thumbsup:

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down #6  
If it's anything like the one on the L3400, you may need a 12 or 13 mm wrench that's been "thinned" to allow it to hold the tension nut while another wrench is used to tighten the lock nut. Mine was too tight and I loosened it a bit. Works well now.

Sean

/ BX2660 RPM's creeping down
Oh, and just pull the screen off. You look up inside and you'll see it, find it.

Easy as pie.

That was easy. Took about 45 seconds, including taking off and later reattaching screen. Thanks!