BX2660 has a "real" parking brake

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I've always hated the drive for awhile and then find out I didn't release the parking brake on my Kubota that I owned at the time. Mowed today with my BX2660. My BX1500 parking brake would let me drive while it was engaged plus the others but especially the BX1500.:D I thought maybe the parking brake worked on it so I left the brake on when I "tried" to pull out. Didn't move. Released brake and backed out to pull forward position. Engaged brake and didn't move. Release brake and pulled out and mowed about 3 acres until fuel started running out when going uphill. Let it roll, turned it around and backed it up hill into parking space. My fuel gauge doesn't work or the float. Told Steve Barlow and he said they would fix it whenever I got ready. Guess I'm ready now. To inconvenient to keep screwing the cap off or waiting till it dies. Not sure I had a fuel gauge on my BX1500.:)

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #2  
On my BX24, if the brakes are engaged and I try to move, it will whine (sorta like the wife if she's engaged into something on tv and I make her move :D)...eventually it was start to move if I force it to (same as wife also :D), but that whining in the beginning usually lets me know that I haven't unlocked it.

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #3  
I had the same thuing with my BX2200 and since the parking brake didn't work worth a darned quit using it. Imagine my surprise the first time I got on my BX2660 and it wouldn't move. It sure is a big improvement.

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #5  
My B2400 will do a 360 if you don't have the brake pedals latched together. It wont move in low gear at 2k rpm's if they are latched together and parking brake set. Those are some good brakes!

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #6  
I tightned up the brake pedal on my BX2350 and its better. There is an adjustment for it. If mine is in high range, it won't move but it will move in the low range, but not easily.

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake #7  
My BX1860 won't move with the brake on -get a very noticeable whine right away. I guess you could consider that a warning buzzer like most folks have wished for in the "what would you change" thread. I have not tried to overpower the brakes with high RPM/low gear. I can't think a situation where I wouldn't notice right away it was on since the whine is so noticeable. Maybe Kubota has started to address the problem of folks working their tractors with the parking brake on.

/ BX2660 has a "real" parking brake
Tried my B3200 and the parking brake also holds on it till you can tell it's on.