BX25 not new anymore

/ BX25 not new anymore #1  

millsan1

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538 Cab, Volvo ECR40D Excavator
I have about 80 hours on her now. Love the machine.

This weekend, I was working on the property, and picked up a bucket of rock and dirt. One of the boulders was sitting out to the edge of the lip. Jiggled the controls to get the boulder to come back into the bucket, and bump bump BOOM. Nice big dent in the hood. Ah well.

/ BX25 not new anymore #2  
You're lucky it didn't end up in your lap. You only make that mistake once. Don't ask me how I know...

/ BX25 not new anymore #3  
Collateral damage is one of the things that happens to our equipment and machines, but only if you are using them as they are meant to be used...I have had it happen with huge blocks of snow and sometimes a little dirt/gravel/stone which would not have dented the hood as much as a boulder...maybe you can work the dent out a little and chalk it up to experience!

/ BX25 not new anymore
Yeah, I'm not worried about it. Proves the machine is being used.

The material and backhoe buckets look like they have been through a war. I have EXTREMELY rocky soil. I have yet to pull up a scoop of just dirt, anywhere on the property.

When I see machines that are several years old with a couple hundred hours that look like they just rolled off the showroom floor, I am amazed.

/ BX25 not new anymore #5  
Can be fixed... might not be worth it though. My neighbor did the same on his Deere, but his fiberglass hood cracked! Not as easy to fix so now it sits with an aluminum patch under the hood and a bunch of rivets sticking out the top! I'll take the dent... :)

/ BX25 not new anymore #6  
If you financed it through Kubota you also have insurance. The deductible is next to nothing compared to the cost of a new hood.

Been there, done that.

/ BX25 not new anymore #7  
It strikes me that you may have had the bucket of dirt and rock raised much higher than it should have been............

Just sayin'.

/ BX25 not new anymore
Fair points all, and yes it was too high.

Put 12 more hours on her this weekend. Closing up on 100 hours in 6 weeks or so.

Getting a lot done. So glad I have this machine.

/ BX25 not new anymore #9  
Fair points all, and yes it was too high.

Put 12 more hours on her this weekend. Closing up on 100 hours in 6 weeks or so.

Getting a lot done. So glad I have this machine.

Ha another Pafoa member. If you ask them down at Pipersville Lawn&Garden it is the most common incident. They always stock an extra hood. I believe it is around $1200.

/ BX25 not new anymore
Ha another Pafoa member. If you ask them down at Pipersville Lawn&Garden it is the most common incident. They always stock an extra hood. I believe it is around $1200.

Yeah, hood not getting replaced. It's not that bad, and its only a hood.

PAFOA 4 Life baby!

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Case IH 1660 Combine (A33041)
Case IH 1660...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
2018 Bobcat T740 Compact Skid Steer Track Loader (A32932)
2018 Bobcat T740...
1974 Ford LN900 Truck (A33041)
1974 Ford LN900...
2014 Macdon 205 Hay Cutter (A33041)
2014 Macdon 205...