BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new)

/ BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Hi All,

I just discovered the new BX23S ('17 yr model) tractor, loader, backhoe package. I'd like a mid-mount mower also, and eventually a few other options ... post hole digger, pallet forks, grapple hook, roof cover.

I've been dealing with life challenges for the past two years, so I'm kind of out of the loop - and that is why we still don't have a tractor.

A couple of years ago I had considered the BX25 package, but thought that it might be too small / light for our purposes with bee keeping, and moving 1100 lb pallets with hives. I switched focus to the B3030 at the time as the pallet forks could manage that weight. My wife is physically restricted at this point, progressive disabilities, and so she no longer is able to do any bee keeping. We no longer need that level of pallet fork operations. The smaller units might be fine on our small hobby farm.

23 hp is good, 25 hp may be preferred, 30 hp seems overkill for our realistic needs.

The HST (automatic) models, 4WD (required), and the diesel options are preferred either way. I need the open deck in/out purely for practical convenience (my cerebral palsy limits my flexibility to crawl over gears, transmission etc.

So from your knowledge and experience ... the FEATURES and ABILITIES comparison is the critical factor now, and since I am probably looknig at a purchase via financing (0% on new ?) should I be considering the new model (BX23S), or buy a good quality used model (BX25, BX25D) with significant savings? Thanks for any suggestions.

Because of dealership proximity to this small town, I have a slight preference for Kubota over John Deere, but I really don't know what J D models even compare at this point.

download (3).jpg

scaredychicken

/ BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new) #2  
There are a lot of nice features added onto the new bx23s model, if it's in the budget I would go for it over the bx25, I don't think there is anything they changed for the bad, but there's a lot of good improvements on the 23s

/ BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new) #3  
in your HP range, you will never notice the difference between 23 and 25.

Personally, I am very excited about the 23S. Given your limitations I think you'll find some of the new features even more beneficial.

/ BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new) #4  
Looks like either model will meet your needs for work performed.
I would suggest a trip to the dealer and test drive both models to see which you prefer to operate.
There should still be some 25's at the dealership.

Good luck with your search.

/ BX25 (and related models) or BX23S (new) #5  
I just reread your initial post and maybe I read it wrong but I got the impression that you were thinking the bx25 is 25hp? The bx25 and 23s are both 23hp, not sure if that was somthing you were considering.